Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigs Vs CDs

what do you prefer to hear....

LIVE: The raw crackling of the speakers, combined with the bum notes and the strained vocal cords to create a song that although flawed, sounds usually amazing.
    or
    CDs/Tape/downlaods: Where the Music has been so finely turned and edited, that it you can hear every lyric as it isnt being slienced by the deafening Bass or drums. every coard every note perfect, or atleast very close and the singer doesnt sound exhausted.
    or
    Mime: Best of both worlds, but it leaves you kind of empty

i can see this bombing already :/

NO Boys Allowed Forums

NoBA status:Recuiting

NO comment by lunar here what so ever

Enjoys: Stealing Dameon angells kills

I prefer studio recordings by far.
    sdg

Comment

Omg stab... it's far more fun to see it live though...

The atmosphere the noise... the bad smells.. mmm

If only it were possible to carry a festival around in your pocket though... so i guess thats the advantage recordings have. :wuv:

Other than that... gigs/festivals are far more fun than sticking a piece of metal in/by your ears
      ^-^
      STARKITTY
      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

I think it would depend on the song and possibly the genre. I've always enjoyed listening to live accoustic versions of songs actually.

Comment

i like them equally but it takes a studio version to appreciate a live one.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Actually yeah, za_gophar put it pretty well.
            sdg

Comment

I've had mostly bad experiences with live music.

2001: Went to a dave matthews band concert with the gf. Got scared of all the white people and left.

2004: Went to see ludacris concert during arts festival at penn state. The man blinded me with his $300000 dollar ring, and some fat black chicks grinded me against my will.

But I do dig live blues or new age chillout performances at the nuyorican or the blue boar.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

The combination:
                First I need to hear a song on CD in order to like it.

Then I need to learn it in order to go on the gig

Then I'll fucking reach Nirvana on the gig no matter how sucky the sounds are

If I hear a new song on stage without hearing it on a record first, I'm usually like "wtf that sucks".

edit: read the replies and I noticed I just repeated what za gophar said, but in more words and less clearly.
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I prefer Queens of the Stone Age live to recorded, it sounds heavier which I like.

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                    i like them equally but it takes a studio version to appreciate a live one.
                    ya whatever he said
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Are you talking about recorded live shows, or going to the actual live show?

If you're talking about recorded live shows, it depends on the artist. Usually the best artists are better live.

If you're talking about going to the live show, I'll go out on a limb here and assume that you would only go to the show of a band that you like, in which case, the show is definitely better than listening to the cd.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                      X