GooGrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GooGrid

Hey guys, I discovered a very, very cool game called GooGrid.

Basically what you do in this is design creatures that roam all over your screen. These critters can eat goo (it comes in blue and green), seeds that the goo spits out, even each other.

You can design critters yourself, stat by stat. Size, attack power, intelligence, everything. You can even adjust each critter's AI individually. It seems a bit overwhelming at first, but after awhile you'll get used to it. To be honest I still find designing my little guys to be a bit tricky, but I know the ins and outs of creature design at least. Oh, and you can hand-draw creatures and their animations too, if you feel like putting the time into it.

Now comes the fun part. After designing your creatures you can test him out to see how he lives and prospers. If you're satisfied, you can publish it and unleash it upon the world. It's really fun watching your army of poisonous fire ants take over your opponent's army of beetles, eat them up, and give birth to 20 more ants. Your critters can roam around on your screen, or even migrate to an opponent's screen to wreak havoc on their critters.

The only drawbacks to this game are that you can't scroll the screen, so you only get to view your area. There's a feature that lets you get a screenshot of your opponent's screen though. Also, there's not a whole lot of players. In fact I'm playing right now and there's only one other person online (and he's OWNING MY FACE). But that's why I'm posting here, so you guys can give it a go. With a lot of people playing, this game would rock. Small download too!

Here's the site: http://www.googrid.com
    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

You might also find Corewars interesting, then.
    FREE MANDELA

Comment

Corewars turned me off a bit, cuz I can't code and I don't have Linux. :/

GooGrid isn't THAT complicated. By adjusting AI I mean there's a section with about twenty drop-down menus with different choices, like 'in this situation, do this, this, or this'.

Oh and your creatures will attack other creatures you make unless you specify that you don't want them to do that. Personally I don't because I drop a bunch of little creatures like worms and such to act as food for my main attack and defense forces.
      "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
      X