A Good Day for Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Day for Apple

For the person thinking about Getting a Mac but not ready to drop a couple grand to see how good it actually is?

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

$499. Bring your own Keyboard, Display, and Mouse.
    Take a look at that Jason, it's like Apple heard you wanting one.
    This is the Mac that is geared to get people to try OS X, just to see that there's an alternative to Windows out there. Within 30 seconds of the announcement, Apple stock jumped half a point.

For the person wanting an iPod but leery of the price? Or those that like a flash memory based player? A new flash-based iPod.

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

Starting at $99. 512 Meg and 1 Gig versions.
    This one is geared specifically to go after the flash drive music player market. It's tiny and carries the iPod brand name, and quality.

Overall a pretty good day for Apple guys. If the links aren't working, it's most likely because their site is being swamped by traffic this close to the keynote being over.
    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

That's pretty fucking slick.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

thought this was gonna be about the big apple aka new york city and the acquisitions of carlos beltran and randy johnson for the mets and yankees
      Dice
      TWLB Champions Season 8
      TWLJ Champions Season 8
      TWLB Champions Season 10
      TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

That iPod shuffle is a great price for a flash player, but it looks like you're sacrificing a lot. There's no LCD screen, you have to either load playlists from iTunes or just play random.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

iPod shuffle is a crap idea.

Comment

haha i'm running my firefox browser now and yesterday i downloaded a mac theme. now when i click ur links, i feel like i'm on a mac. but then i see my start menu and the windows icon.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

You'll be using iTunes to sync an iPod anyway, just cause. Yeah you do lose a lot, the LCD and song space, but for 1/3 the price. If you look at the ipod shuffle page, and look closely at the power switch you can see that the power switch has 3 settings, off, play in order, and shuffle. So it's a little more than apparent that the thing isn't made to only play random music, it's just a feature that it can. Just turn it on to play in order, and it'll play your music how you add it.

The shuffle bit is just a feature they added via the on/off switch instead of through an LCD, so they are promoting that, rather than calling it a bargain cut down iPod.

If you're willing to put out the cash, I doubt you'll find a better mp3 player than the iPod, but for those looking to just spend 100 bucks and just want something to play during commutes or while working out or what have you, with no problems, I'd say this is a pretty good solution.

What about that is a crap idea, Peanuts?

Reinstate Me.

Comment

swEEEEEt, thanks for the heads up sarien

conc i see you viewing this thread

come back to us baby
                come on home where the buffalo roam
                over the hills, grazing and gazing
                longing for a chance to play in the school yard
                don't deny them that chance
                come on back
                and let's dance
                we'll get down to groovy beats
                perform amazing feats
                with our feet
                come on home
                come back to us baby
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I have different music for different moods I'm in. If I don't have a good manager through the LCD screen, I'll just keep flicking through to find the music that I want to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                    You'll be using iTunes to sync an iPod anyway, just cause. Yeah you do lose a lot, the LCD and song space, but for 1/3 the price. If you look at the ipod shuffle page, and look closely at the power switch you can see that the power switch has 3 settings, off, play in order, and shuffle. So it's a little more than apparent that the thing isn't made to only play random music, it's just a feature that it can. Just turn it on to play in order, and it'll play your music how you add it.

The shuffle bit is just a feature they added via the on/off switch instead of through an LCD, so they are promoting that, rather than calling it a bargain cut down iPod.

If you're willing to put out the cash, I doubt you'll find a better mp3 player than the iPod, but for those looking to just spend 100 bucks and just want something to play during commutes or while working out or what have you, with no problems, I'd say this is a pretty good solution.

What about that is a crap idea, Peanuts?
                    Shit, I usually listen to whetever playlist I start the day listening two (xiu xiu current running champ - 2 weeks). I think it's a brilliant idea. Most musicphiles have their playlists memorized after the first play, so after that skipping thru tracks to find a certain song wont be hard...it's like a CD.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

This is the greatest:

Then at the bottom of the page it has this:

1. Music capacity is based on 4 minutes per song and 128Kbps AAC encoding.
                      2. Do not eat iPod shuffle.
                      3. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced. Battery life and number of charge cycles vary by use and settings. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
                      4. Some computers require either the optional iPod shuffle Dock or a USB cable extender (sold separately).
                      Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

yeah, i was just about to point out the "do not eat" myself, haha
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Yeah the webmaster kinda had a field day at Apple yesterday.
                          Another for instance from the Mac Mini page:

Then at the bottom:
                          Keyboard, iPod mini, dock, hands, AirPort, Bluetooth and PC sold separately.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Real men don't do fruit.

Comment

10 million iPods sold- 8 million in 2004. I'd say it was a pretty good *year* for Apple.

Even with the inexpensive mini, I'm still in love with the iMac. I don't have extra monitors and I like the integrated LCD.

Comment

Working...
                              X