X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight The Power

http://www.fairplay-campaign.co.uk/f...leaflet2up.gif

YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE POWERS THAT BE!

I play only one game and it came for free. I wish I could even not play that game for a week.
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Did the group that organized this boycott actually sit down and think about thier cause for a second or two? Because here's the deal: yeah, if you only take into account the physical media and packaging of a game, I could see where they could make a argument that it only takes 40p to press out a copy. But that's what it is, a copy. Who made the original game that copy is made from? Oh, you mean that there are developers that write these things? Oh, I guess we'll have to pay them too.

The other big thing is that economically, video games are balanced with the price of the gaming system. They're SUPPOSED to cost a fair amount of money. That's why you can get an X-box for $200 these days. Do you think it only costs Microsoft $200 to build each individual X-box? No, it costs them a fair amount more than that. Gaming system manufacturers do this consciously--you make a system, offer it at a low price, eat up the losses from manufacturing the system, and hope make it back through licensing and software. Why do you think system developers are so intent on shutting down mod chip and boot disc operations? It's because software is where they're supposed to make all their revenue. If everyone is copying your games instead of buying them, your platform is sunk.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

http://www.actsofgord.com/Proclamations/chapter02.html
        TelCat> there arent 'sort of' get the flag

Comment

I bought Hitman 2 yesterday, great game totally worth it.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Piracy is the reason why games are expensive.
            Originally posted by Diakka
            Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
              Piracy is the reason why games are expensive.
              The reason why games are expensive is probably 50% cause of piracy and 50% cause of that too much people are willing to afford so much money for games. (If the producers would get less profit after raising the price they wouldn't raise it.)

Every producers tries to get as much profit out of is product as possible, in the past when you would buy games on diskettes, they were like $2, everyone bought them no one thought about copying em, why would u there fucking cheap anyways.
              Then when you started getting games on CDs the price went up, you started paying a shitload of money for games. Reason? The computer got popular by kids, and that's a very damn good reason for producers to start asking more money, when everyone wants something people are more willing to pay a lot of money for it, and that kept slightly going on till the cd-burner and downloading from the i'net got real popular. At that point the prices went up a bit quicker. But why would they do that, the price was already very high and wouldn't it stimulate more people of getting their games illegaly? It's pretty obvious why they pushed the price up. They lost the people that were never willing to afford much money for computergames as customer, and now they only had the rich parents, the richer kids, the freaks that want all games original etc left as customers. So the producers easily figured out that the people who still bought their games would still buy the games for more money and therefor they pushed the price up. It just sucks that you bitches are willing to pay so much fucking money for computergames so I HAVE to get em illegaly. P Ahwell blame me for downloading all games I want to play. )

-bram

Comment

Also, what the consumer wants has changed. People know want big shiny pictures and voice actors and movies. Well, those things come at a much larger cost to the company than gameplay does. Larger expenses mean higher prices for the consumer. Oh, blame the high price of hookers, too.

Comment

Working...
                X