Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: evolution

Originally posted by Disliked

the human race is sadly so imperfect, we havent changed in 5000 years, we need a predator! we need to bring back dinosaurs! now heres the plan, we put our power togethor and make a portal in every capital city then we can concentrate on diff areas
    You got me thinking.. I get a kitchen-knife and will start to kill everyone that:
    1. looks retarded
    2. looks dumb
    3. has an IQ below 100
    4. is cripple/disabled
    5. doesn't speak English or Dutch.
    6. has a criminal record
    7. is unemployed
    8. is of another race

All for evolution!
    hm, nah I'd rather not care...
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

The fact is that we dont evolve in a physical standpoint. We have transcended the need to be physically imposing on another species of life. We instead survive with that that pink thing in our head. Though most of you use it very little, it is how the human race survives, not by being perfect physical specimens. Darwin said that the strongest survive. We do not gather our strength from the size of our biceps and if we can tackle down a bear, its that we are smart enough to use a rifle and bullet.
      The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
      -Dys

Comment

That pink thing he is talking about is the gobstopper that's making my tongue bleed.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

if you say clitoris fifty times you die
          Originally posted by Yoshiba
          i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

^^^ I am so trying that ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Dystrophy
              Darwin said that the strongest survive. We do not gather our strength from the size of our biceps and if we can tackle down a bear, its that we are smart enough to use a rifle and bullet.

i dont think he ment specificaly strong as in the animal which is on top of the food chane. he means that the strongest animal within the specie or the animal with the certin trait that gives it the edge will be the one which survives and will also be the one to eventually reprodce.

in biology class we speak about this subject nearly every five minutes.
              Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

The fact is that we dont evolve in a physical standpoint. We have transcended the need to be physically imposing on another species of life. We instead survive with that that pink thing in our head. Though most of you use it very little, it is how the human race survives, not by being perfect physical specimens. Darwin said that the strongest survive. We do not gather our strength from the size of our biceps and if we can tackle down a bear, its that we are smart enough to use a rifle and bullet.
                i disagree wholeheartedly. humans as a whole have devolved. some might see our technology and supposed intelligence as a strength, but in actuality it's that very reliance on "tools" that makes us weak. take away our weapons and we're nothing. in addition to being lazy (by natural standards), we've also lost our senses, instinct, and even the idea of what survival is all about. we've forgotten our role in nature a long time ago when we began to try to conquer it. if you take any civilized human and drop them off in the heart of the wilderness with no tools/weapons/food and force them to live by natural means alone, they're completely fucked. we have no natural defenses left after thousands of years of devolution brought upon by our "let's make life easier for us" mentality.

and to top it all off, we have this illusion that we're the most superior creatures on the planet. hooray for the oblivious.
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL

i disagree wholeheartedly. humans as a whole have devolved. some might see our technology and supposed intelligence as a strength, but in actuality it's that very reliance on "tools" that makes us weak. take away our weapons and we're nothing. in addition to being lazy (by natural standards), we've also lost our senses, instinct, and even the idea of what survival is all about. we've forgotten our role in nature a long time ago when we began to try to conquer it. if you take any civilized human and drop them off in the heart of the wilderness with no tools/weapons/food and force them to live by natural means alone, they're completely fucked. we have no natural defenses left after thousands of years of devolution brought upon by our "let's make life easier for us" mentality.

and to top it all off, we have this illusion that we're the most superior creatures on the planet. hooray for the oblivious.
                  You missed the point, we lost senses, instinct and what not because we dont *need* them. It is because we are a social animal, we travel in packs not "alone". Humans were never huge bulking fighting machines. If you think humans used to be lone predators taking down deer and wolves with their claws, you'd be wrong, humans have been dependant on tools for basically their entire history.
                  The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                  -Dys

Comment

humans have been dependant on tools for basically their entire history.
                    which is why we can't claim to be superior. primitive man relied on tools, yes, but the tools were much cruder and some amount of survival skills were still needed. now, the human race is a group of pudgy dickfaces who know more about generic pop stars than how to survive. i've seen it first-hand. when hurricane lili hit us, our city was completely out of electricity for 2 days. no electronics, no traffic lights, no running water (in some cases), and no grocery stores/fast food places. it was pure fuckin chaos.

it was a good wake-up call. humans are fine and dandy as long as they have their toys, but as soon as their toys are taken away (i.e. hurricanes, nuclear war, etc), it's a clusterfuck of chaos.

Comment

True example of the role of technology in human evolution:

A recent study at Oxford found that the younger generations are becoming more dependant on their thumb as the dominant digit of their hands. Whereas the baby-boom generation and those that came before them favoured the use of their index fingers to do things like point, dial a phone, and press buttons on a TV remote control, today's youth tend to use their thumbs to perform the same tasks.

Experts theorize that the development of cellular phones, remote controls, video games and other recent technologies has lead to this change.

Just look at your parents or grandparents. When they watch TV and change the channel, they will likely use their index fingers while twenty-somethings and younger will tend to use their thumbs.

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL

which is why we can't claim to be superior. primitive man relied on tools, yes, but the tools were much cruder and some amount of survival skills were still needed. now, the human race is a group of pudgy dickfaces who know more about generic pop stars than how to survive. i've seen it first-hand. when hurricane lili hit us, our city was completely out of electricity for 2 days. no electronics, no traffic lights, no running water (in some cases), and no grocery stores/fast food places. it was pure fuckin chaos.

it was a good wake-up call. humans are fine and dandy as long as they have their toys, but as soon as their toys are taken away (i.e. hurricanes, nuclear war, etc), it's a clusterfuck of chaos.
                        Why cant humans claim to be superior? Because they have to use a hammer to punch a nail through something instead of using your forehead? Its our own special talent. Go tell a polar bear to lose weight and all his muscle mass because he isnt superior without it. Where do you draw the line where something can be superior? Please define it. Even if your entire city starved to death and shit their pants, the other 99% of the world would continue living. Darwin commented on the survival of the species, not individuals.
                        -Dys

Comment

My dog died today, I burried it in the backyard. I was to late with closing its eyes so I bet he can see his grave now.
                          I think corpses are cool.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Why cant humans claim to be superior? Because they have to use a hammer to punch a nail through something instead of using your forehead? Its our own special talent. Go tell a polar bear to lose weight and all his muscle mass because he isnt superior without it. Where do you draw the line where something can be superior? Please define it. Even if your entire city starved to death and shit their pants, the other 99% of the world would continue living. Darwin commented on the survival of the species, not individuals.
                            the hurricane's effect on my city was a small-scale example of what would happen should a similar event happen on a global scale. try to grasp the context of the situation instead of being narrowminded, thx. replace "city" with "world" and replace "hurricane" with "shitloads of nukes" or whatever pretty nouns you want to use and you get the same exact result, but with only more people and more chaos involved.

Comment

Humans are a brilliant race, too bad we created things as religions, politics, possesions and countries and now we find them so fucking important that we would kill ourselves and the rest of the world for it...

-bram

Comment

Here's to the possibility that this world and everything in it is far too complex to just be one big coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X