War on Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War on Iraq

Before our president sends the troops and bombs to iraq, and my fellow forum users set lose the dogs of anti-americanism I'd just like to let everyone know that the American Public does NOT support this war. At the anti-war rally and march today in DC there were probably over 200,000 people there. From what I know there were other events in San Francisco and New York that reached or surpassed the total in DC. Clearly the American public does not support this war, so don't think we do. In fact I think the only people that do support this war are the corporate heads of oil companies and a few rich white american men. Unfortunately these people were selected by the surpreme court (not the American people) to lead the country. If you can do anything to try and stop the American Juggernaut, please try.

Thanks
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Indifferent Americans > Anti-War/Pro-War Americans

Comment

yeah, everyone thinks this iraq thing will be all clean. anyone ever see black hawk down or we were soldiers? jeez. we get satellites and OOH! WE'RE INVANCIBEL!@!@@~~~!@!

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
        Indifferent Americans > Anti-War/Pro-War Americans
        I hate our culture. "Give them their SUVs, primetime television, fast food, and cheap gas, and they'll stfu."
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

to all you protesters...

Remember the last time we left a madman run loose in his country? He rounded up every Jew within reach and put them in gas chambers. Not taking action against Saddam will make every single one of you ignorant anti-war fuckers regret it once he drops a nuke on your heads.
          Nobody wants war, war is death. Death is bad. But who can deny the most basic instinct of survival. To survive often means defeating your enemy. In this case, being proactive could save more lives than waiting until lives have been lost. Will it take a repeat performance of S11 to convince you that Saddam is a bigger threat than Osama ever was?

We're caught in a neverending cycle.
          We won't stop until they embrace democracy.
          They won't stop until we're all Islamic.

Solution: Go to the moon

Comment

First of all... UN weapons inspectors have made reports confirming that Iraq does not have, and does not have the capability to produce, weapons of mass destruction. I'm not Pro Saddam, nobody is, in fact I do agree the he should be taken out of power, but peacefully, through diplomacy and democracy. Nobody needs to die, not our soldiers or civilians, and certainly not thiers. To call me and my peers ingnorant is completely absurd, the reason we're against the war is because we know the facts, and the motives behind the war. It's not some big crusade to defend the world against some growing evil like people are being lead to believe, it's a war for oil, no matter how you see it thats what it is. Exxon and Mobile want to go into Iraq with the protection of US forces occupying it and take oil from the largest oil deposit in the world. Some people also say that we're attacking Iraq because they've violated so many UN resolutions, but yet Israel has violated more UN Resolutions than Iraq, and there's no movement to bomb Israel (no I don't think we should bomb Israel, we shouldn't bomb anyone)

As for this whole madman thing,

Hitler was given power by the german government to deal with the threat of terrorism in Germany, and look what happened. Bush is leading the united states into a World War and he claims its to deal with threats on the United States and its citizens. We're on the brink of an Arabic Holocaust. It was up to the German public to stop Hitler and they did not. It's up to the American people to stop Bush, I hope we will succeed. War is not the answer.
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Re: to all you protesters...

Originally posted by RudyH
              Will it take a repeat performance of S11 to convince you that Saddam is a bigger threat than Osama ever was?
              What?

That doesn't make any sense.

?!

They won't stop until we're all Islamic.
              They're not trying to convert us, they want us to leave their countries alone. "They" being the radical islamic fundamentalists. You didn't see the Chechan suicide bombers in Moscow demand that Russia convert to Islam, they wanted Russia to gtfo their land.

It seems to me as though oil/energy is the ultimate motive behind war on present-day earth. Maybe a cheap, efficient, clean source of energy will some day let us all live in peace and prosperity without having to sacrifice global stability.

For now though I'm afraid that for us Americans, cheap energy/prosperous economy = oppression of developing countries = a lot of pissed off mofos = terrorists up our collective asses.
              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

i don't hate americans. i don't like the american government, and even then i doubt i dislike it as much as american citizens dislike it.

Comment

We have cheap...hell I'd be rash enough to say free, efficient clean forms of energy, we even had them before the combustion engine, but the fact of the matter is Ford and Chrysler and GM make entirley too much money to simply stop making it.... are you mad? Not be rich? Who would give that up?
                  I'm a rocker. I rock out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                    First of all... UN weapons inspectors have made reports confirming that Iraq does not have, and does not have the capability to produce, weapons of mass destruction.
                    "ok, UN weps inspectors, you can come in, just give us a week"

"ok absheesh, bury the plutonium!"

they should do suprise weapons inspections

i mean, c'mon.

"hello america, we are gonna bomb pearl harbor, so were gonna go to pearl to check out yer battleship row. that is all."

Comment

The UN has technology that can sense even the slightest bit of plutonium to under 500 yards in the ground (my numbers could be wrong but it was a staggering amount). I doubt they dug that deep.

Comment

Isn't there some international rule that nobody has the right to go into another country with the intention of overthrowing their goverment?
                        Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

yes there was a UN resolution passed that said it was illegal to assassinate a country's leader

Comment

challenge saddam the newbie to world war three using SS

see, that easy. drive by.

Comment

Ender producing something in the lab is totally different than in real life. But also a lot of this stuff requires either complex machinery, exspensive parts and the like. They aren't as business effiecient as models used today. the world is run by money and always will be. the hybrid vehicles could have a chance but i doubt they will make too much of an impact. Most of those sights talk about theory and experiments.

Mayo why wouldnt the iraqis dug deeper? THe deeper the better.

On the iraqi nuke deal. I am not worried about them making a nuke. i more afraid of them purchasing a nuke.
                              To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                              brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Working...
                              X