Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the editing pros

hello

im not that good at editing movies yet, i only use Ulead VideoStudio so far.

i was wondering if it's possible to make a widescreen effect using a normal "buy-from-the-counter-digital-videocamera" DV format

also, i've tried making the videos 29.97 fps before, but it didnt work and was still that "high-quality" digital camera feel. i want to acheive a TV fps look

im asking because our final is to make a music video, and i guess the widescreen isnt that important, but i'd really like to make it tv fps.

also, any program recommendations would be great. i can get my hands on anything... wink. im guessing adobe :wub:

thanks in advance guys
    Last edited by iNgeNfyRe; 04-06-2005, 11:32 PM.
    PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
    pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
    hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
    Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

have you try'd protool 7? =\

Comment

A non widescreen TV is ratio 4:3.

Instead of the fps, the lower quality "TV look" is a smaller resolution. You're probably shooting in something a lot higher than what broadcast TV is. Try switching it to some smaller res, something like 320x240. (That's 4:3 ratio, or something like 420x240 for widescreen)
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

you're taking an editing course and they don't provide you with atleast Premiere or Final Cut? fk that

If you want the home movie look, alot can be done by adjusting contrast color levels.
        SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

actually, im a senior in high school and this is for our contemporary literature final. yeah i was thinking about getting the adobe stuff and experimenting..
          PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
          pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
          hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
          Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Working...
          X