Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fate

This is just something I've been pondering over for the past 5 minutes, If you did something involving a random number say warping in ss or getting a random number off a program then you went back in time and did it again, would it be the same or different? Would this prove fate? (Despite the fact that time travel itself would prove the existence of fate). What if you went back and waited a split second longer and did it....my mind boggles.

So anyway, without debating abotu the possibility of time travel and multi dimensions etc, what would you do if you had the chance to go back in time? And don't say stop Hitler, everyone says that.

Originally posted by Disliked
    This is just something I've been pondering over for the past 5 minutes, If you did something involving a random number say warping in ss or getting a random number off a program then you went back in time and did it again, would it be the same or different? Would this prove fate? (Despite the fact that time travel itself would prove the existence of fate). What if you went back and waited a split second longer and did it....my mind boggles.

So anyway, without debating abotu the possibility of time travel and multi dimensions etc, what would you do if you had the chance to go back in time? And don't say stop Hitler, everyone says that.
    save my parents marriage
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Licensed the rights to Starbucks before the actual owner got to it.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.
      . â–²
      ▲ ▲

Comment

If I could go back in time, I would most definitely without a doubt go back to last year. I would patch up all the crap that happened before it had such a huge effect on me.
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

This is just something I've been pondering over for the past 5 minutes, If you did something involving a random number say warping in ss or getting a random number off a program then you went back in time and did it again, would it be the same or different?
          Assuming you did everything at the same moment in time, it would be the same. This is due to the fact that numbers generated by computers aren't "random" in that sense. Typically, a random number generator is seeded by something like the current time (down to the millisecond or more), and then a sequence of psuedorandom numbers is created from it.

And, no, it would not prove fate.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
            If I could go back in time, I would most definitely without a doubt go back to last year. I would patch up all the crap that happened before it had such a huge effect on me.
            like cutting yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Send
              like cutting yourself?
              that's below the belt.
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Hey, shut up Send. Like I said, there's a reason I want to go back and fix all that stuff. I'm not proud of how I acted back then; I was really messed up. Now shush.
                Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                1:Chao <ER>> at all
                1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

squeezer = tobe?

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                    squeezer = tobe?
                    not that im aware of.

Comment

profess my love to my significant other. damn, i missed her by a mile. time travel ^^
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

The uncertainty principle kinda throws a monkey wrench into most interpretations of fate.
                        - k2

Comment

the first question.. it would most likely be the same, because most computer programs I've seen rely on the system clock to seed the psuedo-random number generator.

second question, I'd pwn the stock market.

Comment

I'd reenact Ground Hog day, except more chaos then the directors chose to show.
                            Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
                            Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                            Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
                            Catgirl> rofl
                            Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
                            fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
                            fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                            Kim> loool
                            fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

Well, "Hitler" was bound to happend, so if there is one thing i for certain wouldnt do if i could go back in time it would be to kill Hitler.

He lost, another "Hitler" might not.
                              :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

Working...
                              X