Genetic Homosexuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arikel
    That's the biggest lie i've ever heard in my life!! First of all you can't compare the social interaction between fruit flies to the ones that happen between humans. As well as i may believe that genetic's might have some influence in your life i would never actually believe they can decide something like that entirely. There might be some cases where that might apply but in most cases it doesn't. Society nowadays has a much more influence in your actions than any genetic code you might have, thinking otherwise is opening doors to a deterministic point of view about your own life, something that has been placed aside ages ago by some of the most proficient philosophers.
    if thats a lie whats the alternative? that society somehow influences a smaller percentage of people into choosing that they have a sexual attraction to the same sex. we will wait and see the same switch will one day be found in humans, and humans could be engineered to be gay or strai't. tho' there would be no purpose in this since homosexuality is not a disorder and no worse than the norm

Comment

what about Bi Sexuals? is there gentics involved in that too? possibly a mix of bio messages or just that they cant make their mind up over their sexual preference?

Tone please find out if you can, this is your mission if you choose to except it

this forum will now explode in 10 seconds :fear:
      Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
      oNe-t> YEAH
      nopcode> before going out
      funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
        what about Bi Sexuals? is there gentics involved in that too? possibly a mix of bio messages or just that they cant make their mind up over their sexual preference?

Tone please find out if you can, this is your mission if you choose to except it

this forum will now explode in 10 seconds :fear:
        Oh yes, there doesnt have to be black in white in those sort of non physical things. theres people who have very partial, and very full: synaesthesia, depression, schizophrenia, dyslexia, ADD, other . all those not black and white things are still genetic. I believe Bi might be more common than Gay, this might be because it is closer to the most common, heterosexual. it may also be that bisexuality is another mechanism or genes and being completely homosexual is a single switch like with the fruit fly

Comment

Hey, I know a way you could tie Gay Marriage into abortion Disliked.

In the simplest way possible, you could say if Abortion gets repealed, then their are gonna be a lot of unwanted babies out there, and if Christians want to provide these babies with the best possible life, then they're sort of going to have to rely on the fact that Gay couples are going to adopt.

My religion teacher then proceeded to argue that living with Gays would not provide the best lifestyle, and that an orphanage would be better than having two loving parents.

I hate him.
          Originally posted by Tone
          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Lol but Texas wont let gay couples adopt now. Maybe everyone should just be gay and not reproduce so the human race can finally die out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              shut the fuck up

i'm serious

shut the fuck up

and stop starting these pile-o-shit threads

damnit zeus, ban fuckwits like this

:wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                Lol but Texas wont let gay couples adopt now. Maybe everyone should just be gay and not reproduce so the human race can finally die out.
                Nihilism is cute, but terribly depressing. You can't commit suicide either because that would be a definitive act and would subsequently accomplish nothing in the long run.

Enjoy your pointless existence, and remember, down the street not across the road.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  So does Bilbo.
                  HAH.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                    That's the biggest lie i've ever heard in my life!! First of all you can't compare the social interaction between fruit flies to the ones that happen between humans. As well as i may believe that genetic's might have some influence in your life i would never actually believe they can decide something like that entirely. There might be some cases where that might apply but in most cases it doesn't. Society nowadays has a much more influence in your actions than any genetic code you might have, thinking otherwise is opening doors to a deterministic point of view about your own life, something that has been placed aside ages ago by some of the most proficient philosophers.
                    It's widely believed, for various reasons and due to various studies, by practically the entire scientific community (even those who aren't really authorities on the matter) that both a person's genetic makeup and the influence of their environment affect their behavior.

Now, a fruit fly's social interactions with other fruit flies is surely much simpler than the social interactions of humans, but the point of this discovery is not to claim that a single gene controls homosexuality in humans, but rather that it is both possible and likely for homosexuality to be genetic-based, in which case it doesn't really matter how much more complex humans are than fruit flies (remember that the number of genes in a human is not really significantly more than the number in a fruit fly, although there are other factors that lead to humans being more complex).

Society/memes has a big influence on humans and I would agree that social evolution > genetic evolution in humans, but since there is very great variety in homosexuals I'm unclear on exactly what kind of social influence will lead to homosexuality, plus since it's already been indicated that genetic influences can have that effect it seems more logical to attribute homosexuality to a known genetic basis rather than to a really nebulous social cause.
                    - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                      Re: "Maybe everyone should just be gay and not reproduce so the human race can finally die out."

Nihilism is cute, but terribly depressing. You can't commit suicide either because that would be a definitive act and would subsequently accomplish nothing in the long run.

Enjoy your pointless existence, and remember, down the street not across the road.
                      There is no suicide, only no more reproduction/creation. And there is no terrible depression, because there are no more humans with any brains to experience any depression.

----

I would agree that social evolution > genetic evolution in humans
                      How is that possible to believe something like that? one gene switch and you enter an entirely different world. A few dozen micrograms of a chemical compound swallowed and one hour later the place you were is left far, far behind..many times farther than any change in social situation can create
                      Last edited by Tone; 06-06-2005, 10:51 PM.

Comment

:groovy: if you posted above you are a fruity (genetically talkin)
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

There is no suicide, only no more reproduction/creation. And there is no terrible depression, because there are no more humans with any brains to experience any depression.
                          Do you even know what Nihilism is? How would you feel if you woke up one morning and determined that everything is nothing? Charlatan.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                            Do you even know what Nihilism is? How would you feel if you woke up one morning and determined that everything is nothing? Charlatan.
                            irrelevant, you could feel everything is nothing and laugh while high, or feel like everything is fatalistic and depressing. yes you can have the same exact thoughts and completely different mind states depending on your brain chemistry, talk therapists dont like this fact.

philosophy is completely useless and is the thing that is truly nothing. when you say everything is really nothing, this illusion of everything doesnt change, its still there, a lot of nothing, a lot of relaity, a lot of illusion, a lot of what ever you lable it philosophically. therefore in that statement you just did -- nothing -- other than express one particular thought-based mind state of which their are endless amount. Nietzsche could have just as well woke up one day and have his usual thought of everything being nothing, only with a hit off a crack pipe and concluded for 5 minutes that nothing sure is wonderful.

Comment

shtu up
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Torn Wing
                                There is one species of animal, reptilian I believe, which has no males. The females reproduce individually--no copulating or anything. Anyways, I learned this on animal planet and they digressed about man's becoming less fertile. The reason is that the birth control stuff which women take ends up in the sewage; we clean the sewage water and drink it, but the water isn't completely free of the birth control pills or whatever. Women only use about 20% of the hormones so men get 80% estrogen?

Needless to say, I'm paranoid whenever I drink water straight from the tap or a fountain. I try to go with bottled now.

Another digression: male humans have produced milk. FACT. If i find the link i'll give it to you in an edit or something.
                                boo...:eek:

Comment

Working...
                                X