SS on Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS on Mac

Finally got around to installing Windows on my Powerbook. SS is installed and running. It's pretty jerky but playable. Assuming you don't get seizures from the screen.

What's up Sarien.

Time to go to sleep.

Yeah I've been playing it once and a while on my G5 iMac once and a while, but now that BF2 demo is out, I'm spending most of my time playing that on my Dell Laptop.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

How fast is a mac? Running winamp, AIM, opera, and SubSpace, subspace runs smoothly on this computer.

...This computer is 400 mHz. Pavement destroyed my laptop -_-
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

How fast is a mac?

If you're talking about the Virtual PC emulator, I have this app cpu-z that reports the emulated processor speed between 270-280 MHz. Not blazing fast but it's emulation. Not terrible for the little bit of web browsing I did to Windows Update it and download Continuum.

My Powerbook that it's running on is a couple of months old and it has a 1.5GHz G4 PowerPC. Definitely more than enough for messaging, browsing, etc. Unless you mean running all those at once. I haven't seen any slowdown at all running as many programs as I want (right now I have 12 not including desktop managers, weather plugins, etc.) I have 1G of memory which is a lot but my Dell can't do all that with 1G.

Desktop G5's are in the 2.7GHz range. Continuum probably is more playable on the G5's.

In general, the other perceived speed ups comes from Mac OS doing graphics well. Expose window effects, zoom, 3D type stuff all happen smoothly and easily. A lot of that is because stuff is handled natively.

For instance, someone wrote a cool app called Stable Window to show off the Powerbook's motion sensors. The motion sensors are like the ones in IBM laptops which park the hard drive before it hits the ground if you drop it. Stable Window uses those motion sensors and rotates its window so the window is always vertical to the Earth no matter what the tilt is of your laptop is. The point is: this is cool graphically because diagonally tilted windows are handled natively in Mac OS X. This app was out days after the PowerBook was announced. Imagine Windows XP trying to tilt windows on an arbitrary angle and imagine someone quickly writing an app that used it in a couple of days. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you can do that.

Lift up the left side of your laptop (or monitor) to pretend you have the latest PowerBook:
        : )

Comment

For some reason guys, running VPC7 with XP runs faster than earlier versions of Windows. No idea on earth why, and it takes up a shitload more space, but it ran significantly faster than say 98 for me.

With the move of macs to intels, I hope Darwine makes further progress. It could be interesting.

And Nothin Much, geeky, watching old transformers episodes.
          How about yourself? (a sideways dock is weird)
          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I agree Sarien, because I was running Windows2000 on my G4 iMac then I installed XP and noticed a HUGE difference, even in a G4.
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Doesn't XP have the new registration stuff that makes it more difficult to.......acquire? VPC 7 is probably optimized for XP.

Dock goes on the side because there's more room in that direction on the widescreen.

Watching Nascar Pocono 500 at Long Pond, PA.

Comment

Yeah it does... but I mean... Yeah it does.

Comment

Everything is possible where there is a will to try.

I thought since I could see you weren't on Tiger, I'd show you a little something from Core Image Fun House, geekbot. Plus, I get to show off the size of my dock. Yes, the pun was intended.

Core Image can instantly apply any of those filters to any image, all of it built into the OS itself. It's just a shame that I don't have a powerful enough graphics card to have it do the computation for it solely via the GPU.

Edit: Also dude... name your dang hard drive. :P
                  Last edited by Sarien; 06-12-2005, 07:08 PM.
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I gotta get me Tiger....

Comment

Working...
                    X