Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars

Friend of mine looking for info. WHats the game like in comparison to DAOC, characters, world, whatever else there is to know. Pros? Cons? It's not a monthly pay game correct?
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

No Monthly Payment

Game plays like what you would imagine Diablo 3 to be. You have 5 classes to choose from and then you can pick a "sub class" to compliment your primary class.

Ranger (D2: Amazon) - Uses bows
    Warrior (D2: Barbarian) - Uses swords and shields
    Mesmer (No D2 Equivalent) - Uses status effects and DoT spells
    Elementalist (D2: Sorceress) - Uses magic spells to kill things
    Monk (No D2 Equivalent) - Your Healer Class
    Necromancer (D2: Necromancer) - Raises dead and casts hexes.
    lol almost forgot the necro, good catch

You don't get to pick races, everyone is human you can change the colour of your hair, the style, some preset faces, not much, to be perfectly honest. You can use vials of dye that you pick up or buy to customize your weapons, armour, and shields, though. Also get a colourful (or not, depending on how it was created) cape signifying your guild to others.

Alot less running, quests are more mission based, but you can do quests on foot, as well.
    Last edited by Dameon Angell; 06-14-2005, 07:01 AM.
    DELETED

Comment

You forgot

Necromancers which use magic to kill, create minions, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
        No Monthly Payment

Game plays like what you would imagine Diablo 3 to be.
        Why do people forget the fact that Diablo's biggest feature besides free battle.net online play is that you can actually play it SINGLE PLAYER? Not many games of this genre out there have a single player option and a multiplayer option quite like diablo. So your statement there, nope.
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.
        . â–²
        ▲ ▲

Comment

I haven't played GW in like a month, I think I'm axed from the guild now.

Comment

You can hire AI henchmen and do the missions solo if you wish. So yes, you can do it single player, but you have to have an internet connection regardless.
            DELETED

Comment

where can i download it?
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

At your local store.
                sdg

Comment

You can download the client from their site I think: www.guildwars.com. You won't be able to actually play unless you have an Access Key. So, you can either buy the game at any computer store (Best Buy, EB, etc..) or order an Access Key online.

Comment

so is it a good game thoguh daemon? Worth checking out?
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

It's a great game, considering that you don't have to pay per month. They are updating it with fixes and new features pretty much every week.
                      sdg

Comment

Yeah, it's being constantly updated with new updates and everything as the game evolves and based on player feedback on the forums. If you liked Diablo you'll love this, easy as that.
                        DELETED

Comment

WoW > GW
                          Originally posted by Kolar
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Not really the same kinds of games. Besides that, GW doesn't have a monthly fee.

The game could stand some more end-game content, though. Once you get through all the story missions, there is really not much to do if you don't like PVP.
                            sdg

Comment

please no more i like this better threads. its been done

Comment

Working...
                              X