X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take A Look, your house is gonna be a wal*mart

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/23/sc....ap/index.html

That's bullshit.

Really, my congressman is going to hear about this.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

This is nothing new....

For example: When, in the area of NJ that I live, their was a massive flood. And in the city I live near (Trenton,) the state bought all of the houses on the waterfront because they were basically fucked water damage wise. Many of the people in the area wanted to fix their houses and stay, however, the state had decided to build a park in place of the damaged homes. So basically the homeowners were told that if they didn't accept the money in return for their land, their houses would be taken.

If you don't feel like reading all the garbage up there, just realize this happens all the time and is nothing new.

Edit: This is not to say I support the state's ability to take a persons home, i'm just stating some factual information. In fact, in my opinion, the state should only be able to offer a sale price for someone's home, and it should be the homeowners ultimate decision.
      Last edited by Vehicle; 06-24-2005, 12:33 AM.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

If my house became a Walmart I would laugh, because it would be miles and miles away from any other living creature (except cows).
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle
          the state had decided to build a park in place of the damaged homes. So basically the homeowners were told that if they didn't accept the money in return for their land, their houses would be taken.

If you don't feel like reading all the garbage up there, just realize this happens all the time and is nothing new.

Edit: This is not to say I support the state's ability to take a persons home, i'm just stating some factual information. In fact, in my opinion, the state should only be able to offer a sale price for someone's home, and it should be the homeowners ultimate decision.
          The worst part about the State coming in and doing this to a homeowner, is that the State and local Govt. most likely had known of the flood plain situation prior to the houses construction. Happens to the people of New Hope as well (across the river from Trenton...kind of) They have not made the homeowners move or purchase there land from them...they let them stay there, but no insurance company will give them flood insurance now. Don't know which would be worse?
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by pandagirl89
            If my house became a Walmart I would laugh, because it would be miles and miles away from any other living creature (except cows).

cows need there supplies too

Comment

Working...
            X