Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COH free trial, post your updates and stuff here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COH free trial, post your updates and stuff here.

So instead of cluttering DA's topic with my inane CoH drivel, I'm just going to post it here. If you are messing with the free trial also, feel free to add your own stuff. It's like a livejournal for wannabe superheroes! :grin:

I'll throw in my first post about JJ so this doesn't come out of nowhere.

First post-
    ----
    Finished the download of CoH, and here is my opening opinion of playing the game for like 10 minutes:

Ok so I created my character, a tanker with Ice powers. His name?

Jo Jo Delicious!

Man that character creation thing is pretty fun, I had a nice time creating a wacky superhero. I didn't get a pic of him from the front, and I don't know how to move the camera around to do so (if you can)- so plz let me know if it's possible. Here are 2 screenies I got of him so far:

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/5645/sc...30124479ki.jpg

http://img296.echo.cx/img296/6993/sc...30133375mf.jpg

The menu design and overall layout is really nice, and the graphics aren't bad at all. I'm still confused about enhancements, and I didn't really do anything more than the tutorial and speak to Susie Davis, but it's not too bad from what I played of it. One question- where in the world is Ms. Liberty? I'm lvl 2 and I'd like to put thst stuff to good use.

--
    Anyway, after playing a bit :

And I just logged out tonight after playing for a little bit-

Ok JoJo is level 3, and I'm about 200 exp from level 4. I like it so far, nice and simple battle system, no waiting for parties at this level. It's a nice break from FFXI, recently I've felt like I've had to wait forever to get parties, unless I'm playing my brd. We'll see how things go with JoJo in the morning, I have to stop this rave party.

Damn kids and their hip drugs.

EDIT: I found her, thanks Dameon.Also figured out how enhancements work. Kicking random bad guys and slicing them with my ice sword is fun.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Got to level 4, and haven't been able to stop the rave yet. They have these little sparkster electric robot motherfuckers outside the warehouse where the rave is. The tough thing is that these guys sit in two's, and are level 6. Little bastards seem to beat the living snot out of my poor tanker every time. I wish I could find a good section in Atlas park where there are lvl 3-5 thugs, so I can level up. Thing is maybe because I have ADD and keep running around, or maybe because of poor thug placement- I could fight some lvl 5 mofos' and then be stuck with lvl 1-2 for a good block and a half of the city. Getting 9 exp from each guy when you have to get 1060 exp to lvl up is even less fun than it sounds

Also created a "blaster (ie ranged) character on the Freedom server. Her name is Jennifer Divers, or Jessica Divers or some shit. Can't remember. Cool thing about her is that I gave her electric powers, and they're awesome. I can shoot lightning bolts at bad guys, and I hit lvl 2 with her- got this kickass AOE lightning blast. She seems more fun to play as than JoJo, but she sucks ass at close quarters combat. I always have to shoot and then back pedal.More to come, I think I'll play it for a bit tonight.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I had a guy that looked like a mix of Big Boss from MGS3 and Solid Snake from MGS1 (just different parts of their look, I know they're clones, but they didn't dress the exact same) and called him Acidic Snake. He had a machine gun (blaster class), but it just wasn't my type of character. I prefer having a Scrapper and having martial arts or dark power.
      DELETED

Comment

Yea I was thinking about getting a scrapper but I kinda wanted to fly, so I thought the blaster character would be able to do that. Little did I know that you can fly at lvl 14 =]

Comment

Working...
        X