File-sharing ruling [Merged]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vykromond
    if you actually read the majority opinion, you'd see that this ruling is a lot more narrow and contentious than it looks on the surface, and that it doesn't actually decide anything. way to overreact, though.
    I congratulate you greatly for actually reading the opinion, instead of shooting your mouth off over a topic which you don't have any clue about, which is what everyone else seems to be doing.
    - k2

Comment

The courts will rule in favor of which ever corporation is lossing money, they're not intrested in the anonymity or safety of internet users. I'm not saying stealing is alright, I don't agree with the business practices of the movie and record industry and their way of dealing with new technologies. It's not like movie or CD sales are down anything significantly and DVD sales were at a record high in 2004. Almost 50% of music sharing is done legally now. Illegal sharing is not effecting them much at all and never did to begin with.
      Last edited by Kolar; 06-28-2005, 06:33 PM.

Comment

It's really cool and awesome that you can walk in and tell everybody that they're shooting their mouth off on a topic they have no clue about, and then say absolutely nothing else, so that you can appear like you're looking down on all the rest of us troglodytes. I wish I could do that.... oh.. wait.
        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

now how the hell am i going to share my freeware, uncopirighted photos, DLLs, 0-length files, mp3s of white noise for sleep aid, and screen shots?

Comment

File-sharing ruling discussion MERGED
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
              It's really cool and awesome that you can walk in and tell everybody that they're shooting their mouth off on a topic they have no clue about, and then say absolutely nothing else, so that you can appear like you're looking down on all the rest of us troglodytes. I wish I could do that.... oh.. wait.
              what did you want him to do, send you an audio-tape of himself reading the majority opinion to you? have you read it yet or what?
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

No, personally I'd like you and him to get off your dead ass and maybe read what's being said, rather than yourselves jumping to your own conclusions without having a clue. Nobody has said "This has killed filesharing." I'm not sure and wouldn't be without re-reading every post, but I don't recall anyone even having said it was going to hurt it any. Instead it's a topic full of discussion of our own viewpoints on the rights and wrongs of filesharing and where we think the various court systems will head with their rulings, why they would head there, and speaking for me personally, some of my own opinions and viewpoints on my take of the RIAA and record companies in general. You know, a general miasma discussion, that was provoked by the ruling, but in the end we've not spoken a whole lot about?

See? I can get contentious too.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Music/Movie Filesharing should be banned, its illegal.

Its hurting the profits of the artists, and we should respect the amount of work it takes to come up with their movies/music.

They should have membership fees to join these major filesharing networks; and these filesharing networks should work out a deal with the RIAA..etc

Comment

Originally posted by Merkaba
                    Its hurting the profits of the artists
                    Oh dear. Someone won't get the six 24 carat gold toilets for their private palace for a couple of days.
                    2:puker> gilder is any band bigger than metallica in your country
                    2:gilder> if artist count, madonna, cause he was in finland once
                    2:puker> he
                    2:puker> maledonna
                    2:Sika> whats metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Merkaba
                      Music/Movie Filesharing should be banned, its illegal.

Its hurting the profits of the artists, and we should respect the amount of work it takes to come up with their movies/music.

They should have membership fees to join these major filesharing networks; and these filesharing networks should work out a deal with the RIAA..etc
                      Not at the risk of them stiffing innovative technologies and not at the risk of them making us pay unfair prices for music. File sharing and illegal file sharing will never be stopped. They're out to make money, whatever way they can. That's not too bad but breaking laws, effecting the mass marketing of new products and attacking their consumer base is not something I or a lot of people will stand for.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                        Shit if I know, mate
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Come on, I was just being sarcastic with you all.

What H I M wrote, sure made me laugh.

Aw.. poor babies won't have that 24 carat toilet, lol.

Comment

Who cares.

Now I will just have to back to petty theft.
                            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

The price of music is entirely up to record companies depending on the market at the time and has got nothing to do with "fair" or "unfair". It's not as if music is a basic necessity or even a convenience, which everyone has some kind of intrinsic right to.

As such, I really don't understand why many seem to act as if this is a huge attack by big business versus their right to leech free copyrighted music off the Internet. I understand that the ability to do this can affect sales positively, like with the radio, but still, this fact doesn't take away the companies' rights to the music, which they have as a result of a contract with the band/singer etc.

Now, I think I download a decent amount of stuff off filesharing as well, but I don't really attempt to justify or rationalize it, beyond the thought that I will seriously attempt to pay it back when possible (like with buying mIRC and purchasing anime DVDs that I've already downloaded fansubs of) in order to recompense the makers.
                              - k2

Comment

I don't try to justify or rationalize anything I take.
                                It isn't theft, copyright violation is its own law. You're right that it's a little luxury, and that they own the rights to it. I don't and never have disputed that at all. What I do dispute is them suing, trying to get people jailed, lying, fighting, subverting government, breaking laws, versus any manner of technology advancement that they believe allows them an iota of less control over their closed system. I find that unconscionable. It simply isn't right.

Other people in other businesses don't get away with that kind of nonsense. They do get away with a lot of nonsense, yeah, but nowhere NEAR on the level of these guys. These are the same guys that want to make laws.. LAWS! to include hardware in computers that keeps a person from viewing, listening, or generally being around media they don't have a license for? It's 100% BULLSHIT.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X