No announcement yet.

Movies Based Thousands of Years Ago: Ancient Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you listed LoTR which isn't really history but fantasy I assume you just mean movies that involve midevil type lifestyles. King Arthur type stuff.

Well there are a couple of fantasy movies that are decent.

"The Princess Bride" and "Willow" are two amusing fantasy movies from the late 80's. They're kids movies, but the Princess Bride is something you have to watch simply because you'll run across references to it for the rest of your life. So if you haven't seen that, I recommend watching it.

And of course you have the Conan the Barbarian movies from the early 80's. Although you'd probably watch those more as a joke at how bad they are then as a fantasy epic.

Dragonheart was a pretty crummy movie from the 90's but it involves knights and dragons and stuff. I saw it in the theater and remember being disappointed.

More along the Epic type stuff then the silly fantasy stories I can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned.

Braveheart is fantastic and if you haven't seen it you'll probably love it. I thought Gladiator was lousy but you might enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
    X