MLB All Star Game predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB All Star Game predictions

The American League hasn't lost the All-Star Game since 1996. Not that I like the underdog NL players, but I am hoping that the NL will win.

NL to win in extra innings. Now that I mention this the NL will lose by a landslide.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

It's probably just gonna be alot of strikeouts and walks with few hits. Another game dominated by 2 pitchers and the fans will then fall asleep.
    DELETED

Comment

Pitchers only play for an inning or two, so I don't see that happening. I think it was a mistake to let the All-star game winner give their league representative home-field advantage in the World Series. This game is an Exhibition and its outcome shouldn't have any affect on the playoffs, and this "solution" was an awkward quick-fix for that Tie-game fiasco a few years back. The All-star game itself has lost a bit of its glitz and glamour, even though the sport is still riding an upswing in popularity.

Comment

I still love that home run derby, though.
        DELETED

Comment

They mucked that up this year though by turning it into an "International Showcase". People want to see the best home run hitters do it, they don't want to see someone go 0-fer-10 but got to compete because someone said "hey, let's pick him, he's Canadian."

Comment

As international as it may have seemed, it gave my horrible home team something to be happy about with Bobby Abreu hitting 24 homers in his first turn at bat. At least the Phillies have something that worked! Only bad part is Bobby Abreu only hits when there is nobody on base (most of the time) and can;t hit to save his life past the 5th inning. Not a clutch hitter.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

AL takes it again.
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

yeah, he's on my fantasy team, its pretty annoying how few rbis he gets, at least relatively. maybe this derby will raise his spirits and allow him to do better.

i thought the international format was pretty terrible, they didnt have the best home run hitters of this year in the lineup, nor did they have miguel tejada, maybe that was his decision, maybe not. jason bay and hee-sop choi clearly didnt belong in the derby. at least hee-sop hit some home runs, which was more than i expected, but obviously nowhere near as good as derrick lee would have done. in conclusion, i blame both canadians and asians. youre at fault troll king.

oh yeah, prediction. with willis, peavy, oswalt, and clemens pitching for the nl, i think they have a shot, and maybe theyll put my man chad cordero in for the ninth too.
                Last edited by Facetious; 07-12-2005, 05:07 PM.
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Working...
                X