• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton Offered 40 Goats and 20 Cows for Daughter

Clinton offered goats and cows for Chelsea's hand

25.07.05 2.20pm

By Meera Selva

Bill Clinton, used to a warm reception on his global goodwill missions, came away from Kenya this weekend with more than he bargained for.

The former US president must now consider whether the offer of 40 goats and 20 cows, made by an apparently love-struck local official, is sufficient to persuade him to give up his daughter Chelsea for marriage.

Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor wrote to Clinton through Kenya's Foreign Affairs Minister, and promised him that he would look after his daughter in style.

"Had I succeeded in wooing Chelsea, I would have had a grand wedding," promised the electrical engineering graduate.

"I would have invited South African Aglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu to preside at the ceremony."

The councillor also gave the names of former Kenyan president Daniel Arap Moi and two of his college mates as character references.

Mr Chepkurgor said he had been impressed by Hillary Clinton for standing by her man through the Monica Lewinksy scandal "like an African woman."

A Kenyan man traditionally has to pay a dowry in goats and cows to his bride's family - the offer Mr Chepkurgor made for Chelsea is a generous one that befits a big man's daughter.

He said he would be willing to travel to America to visit her family, but refused to give more details of his suit, as it is private matter between the parents of the bride and groom.

Mr Clinton arrived in Kenya at the end of last week to discuss how the Clinton Foundation would help the country's anti-AIDS programmes but made no mention of his daughter's dowry.

-INDEPENDENT

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...ectID=10337491

What an odd world we live in. Bartering for the woman with goats and cows. He should take it, then he gets exclusive access to the lions and tigers of kenya.

BTW, I wonder why its a nz paper that reported this, not an american or kenyan one?

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Someone please warn/ban him for copy and pasting? Tone, we don't care about Bill Clinton and his daughters, or any of that other crap you spit out. If we did, we would google for it. So ssh!
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
      X