Madden 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madden 06

Just picked this up today and I was wondering if anyone else had as well. Critics have predicted that EA might slack off a bit now that they have a monopoly on video football, but I think they've made a couple of interesting changes to this year's edition. I think the theory that the quality will drop has affected people's expectations of the game.

The new QB vision is the most obvious change. A lot of people don't like it much because it complicates a passing system that has worked well for years. Others don't think it's that big a deal and that it adds realism. I haven't gotten used to it yet so luckily the feature can be disabled. I'll probably turn it back on and try it again later.

One annoying little change is that they swapped the sprint and change player buttons on defence. It actually makes more sense and is more efficient than before, but it takes a while to adapt.

The Superstar mode was a great idea but the pacing feels slow and the practice schedule is just too repetitive and too easy to cheat.

Anyone else with comments?

Just bought it.

The passing thing is gay, but superstar mode kicks ASSSSSSS!!!!
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

hmmm im not sure if i will get it. i know im defintely going to buy socom 3 when it comes out. is it much different than 05?

Comment

It has all the cool things about '05 (deeper franchise mode, smarter defense, HIT MUTHERFUCKIN STICK) Plus a few new things, which TK already described.
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

McNabb's on the front cover $$$
          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
          (:3=

Comment

That means he'll get a huge injury mid-season.
            DELETED

Comment

He's already got a pain in his butt named Terrell.

Comment

terrell owens is a hero not a villain

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic
                  terrell owens is a hero not a villain
                  T.O. is a bitch.

Comment

I hate Q.B. vision.

And I still like ESPN 2k5 better.

Fuck you John Madden.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Sorry to bring back up a semi-dead topic. But I think Madden 06 is still a excellent game. It's really meant for football fanatics, and thats what I am. I like to simulate the NFL season by playing defense for each team only, plus special teams, and then put the cpu at All-Madden level. Its a lot of fun playing the season that way, for me at least.

I think you will see the major changed for ps3 or the xbox 2. they didnt do too much in madden 06 than madden 05. save for the roster changes, qb vision, etc. i wont even use the superstar mode, doesn't appeal to me at all.
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

The thing I liked about NFL and MLB 2k5 is that they let you download roster changes. Their graphics are better, so I just would rather keep them.

I sold Madden '06 for 45$ on eBay. I bought an SNES with it.

Good trade.
                        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

thats cool you can d/l updated rosters on those games, nice feature.
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
                          X