Clear All

• schopenhauer's light paradox

Omne lumen potest extingui;
    Intellectus est lumen;
    Intellectus potest extingui.

All light can be eliminated;
    Inteligence is light;
    Inteligence can be eliminated.
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

How is that a paradox?
    The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

maybe it should be

Inteligence cannot be eliminated

otherwise it's just one of those logical conclusions
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

It's not really a logical conclusion at all, since intelligence isn't light.
        The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

I saw it as a metaphor. Maybe I am completely barking up the wrong tree.
          To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
          brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by schope
            All light can be eliminated;
            Eliminate the sun. I dare you motherfucker.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
              Eliminate the sun. I dare you motherfucker.
              Sun is not light. light comes from sun. you dont need at all to to destroy or eliminate the source to end its light
              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo

Comment

but you can't really "destroy" of "end" light - you can't destroy or create energy.

but physically, you can only block light out, does that count as destroying? Because you can't make a "black" blub that functions visa versa than that of a normal bulb.
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                  but you can't really "destroy" of "end" light - you can't destroy or create energy.

but physically, you can only block light out, does that count as destroying? Because you can't make a "black" blub that functions visa versa than that of a normal bulb.
                  dont play with synonims. if you block light, at for example an eclipse. you just eliminate all sun light. its the same thing

Comment

Ok, so how is Intelligence = light?

Comment

Originally posted by schope
                      dont play with synonims. if you block light, at for example an eclipse. you just eliminate all sun light. its the same thing
                      Ok so by eliminate he doesn't mean "destroyed" but rather "blocked"? But doesn't that mean technically that light will still be there? (going back to your eclipse example?)
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

The use of a metaphor automatically eliminates the whole statement from logical premises.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Useless Crap threads are not designed to make you think. I request that you all say something stupid to cement this thread's place in UC. I'll start.

GHB = HEN
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

ok yha sure pure hentred

DONT MAKE FUN OF GAMMAHYDROXY
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I potato bag with gun for cheese
                              7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                              1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                              8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                              Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                              Piston> I own in belim
                              6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Working...
                              X