No announcement yet.

Opinion on Law Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars with windows lightly tinted in the front are very dangerous and should be taken care of immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
      if it was me, theyd try to come into the house, look around for drugs, try to find underaged drinkers and arrest as many people as possible.
      Well the solution seems to me face, to not let the noise get too out of hand to begin with, but if they do show up on your doorstep, answer them through your door, or step outside and close the door behind you, so they have no probable cause to search. Then when they ask if they can, tell them that they sure can, the moment you have a warrant in hand.

They're taught to put off an aura to try to cow you and make you do whatever they say, regardless of the situation. If you're in the process of being arrested, sure, comply with each and every order. But until that point, you just have to gauge how far you want to push your rights, because you do have them, as long as you're willing to stick up for yourself.

Above all, remain calm, firm, and learn as much as possible about the realities of your rights, and situations in dealing with police.

Next cop that stops me at 2 AM, I have every intention of telling him that he can go wake up a judge to get a warrant to search my car, and see how well that goes for him.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I've seen a lot of documentaries where the police deal with situations all wrong, firstly with body launguage and secondly with the tone in their voice. While I agree that some people need a bit of a slap to calm down, running into an unstable situation shouting at people with an aggressive tone in your voice can fuel the flames.

Comment

With a group like the law enforcement, it's inevitable that they will never do anything right, and can only do things wrong. This is because it is their job to do things right, but it is their fault when they make mistakes (or are total dumbasses, whichever phrasing you prefer). As such the police get praised 1% of the time and criticized 99% of the time.

The same thing goes for doctors and so on, too. You never see anyone go "I'm real grateful to my doctor, I was sick and he gave me advice and medicine and I'm cured, doctors are awesome!"
          - k2

Comment

what most young people really resent is the way most police treat us. if a noise complaint was called because someone was playing music too loud, and they showed up and it was a middle aged dude, theyd say "sir, could you please turn the music down" and leave. theres a very very slight chance theyd give him a ticket, and thats the most they would ever do. if it was me, theyd try to come into the house, look around for drugs, try to find underaged drinkers and arrest as many people as possible.
            My neighbours have a teenage son who typically plays loud music and noise control gets called over a lot. So one day the music is particularly loud and some particularly annoyed police come to the door, demanding that the noise be shut down. Turns out that it was the mother, not the son, because she'd just found out she had breast cancer.
            Some rather shamefaced police left the house that day, although the music did get turned down.

Originally posted by Disliked
            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
              Well the solution seems to me face, to not let the noise get too out of hand to begin with, but if they do show up on your doorstep, answer them through your door, or step outside and close the door behind you, so they have no probable cause to search. Then when they ask if they can, tell them that they sure can, the moment you have a warrant in hand.
              my point was just that ephemeral is, i imagine, a relatively well-dressed adult, so his direct experience with the police is different than someone my age. the point isnt that id let them search my house, but that theyd see that as a priority, instead of merely being there to deal with the noise.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Working...
              X