Say goodbye to your mp3 player and camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blanke
    I just discovered this gem while looking at Sony Ericsson phones--I'm trying to look for a phone I might like for when I attend college, i hope, during the fall of 2006--and can't believe all of the features that it offers.

EDIT: Sony Ericsson W800 (my bad)

It incorporates a 2.3 megapixel camera, 512mb+34internal phone memory (and upgradable to 1 gb through the purchase of a card) for mp3, and you can talk on it. Of course.

With the advancement of technology, more specifically memory storage, the phones that come out in the near future will make mp3 players obselete. It's all about the multi-function gadgets, and this phone looks sheek too.

If I went to college, I'd rather just carry that around, although it'd be a less-than-a-pound package summing up to about $500 sitting in my pocket, than haul around a camera, phone, and mp3 player. I'd have to pay for each separately, and granted each will be much more useful in its respective category, but 2.3 megs is quite a lot especially when cameras back then costed quite a bit for that much. You can get 7-10ish megapixels now for upwards of $500, and 2-5 megapixel cameras for $500 or less, so why not just pay a little extra (or less) for the phone which can also play mp3 players.

I want it badly, like I want to stop playing Continuum badly, but I can't.
    That mobile is a bit to ugly -_- , i know it might not be a priority but if you are going to expend a lot of money at least expend it in something that looks great to "besides doing all he good stuff to". I'd prefer mine any day.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
      Problem is that usually those require their original headphones which are crap. And 2mpix cam isn't really enough if you want to take some serious pictures, perhaps it's ok when you go get yourself drunk etc and want to remember something from that night..
      i have loads of those videos and pictures ill take some tomorow and post them irate2:

Comment

i hate orange
        Reinstate Sarien
        ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

LOL!
          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie-Q
            i hate orange
            Put it on o2 then

Comment

o2 is far worse.

Comment

Arikel:I like the looks of the phone

Suzie:I like orange.

I don't really think that i would ever get a phone like that, because it costs too much money, and i'd probably have the other gizmos on hand, or within in my house.

It'd be fun to have that phone, from my perspective anyways.

That and the Black Motorola Razr.
                boo...:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Zloy
                  The idea of combining is nice, but unless they come up with much stronger accumulators you shouldn't listen to mp3's on the phone or your battery goes buh bye and you cannot use the phone for it's primary purpose anymore. So it's easier to get an mp3 player than to carry a separate accumulator for listening to music and to using phone.
                  was just about to say that hehe
                  Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
                  Mastersword> ROFL
                  Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

I bought a digital camera and I couldn't make phone calls. Fucking Kodak.
                    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                    i just wish it was longer
                    Originally posted by Cops
                    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

I would rather have a basic cell phone, I just cant see it being useful to pack in all that stuff. If I want to listen to some mp3's I will use my mp3 player, or bring my laptop with me. but hey, whatever floats your boat.
                      Like, there was this ninja who got
                      ticked off at some people who kept
                      talking while he was trying to rock
                      out on his guitar, so the ninja totally
                      flipped out and sang at them till
                      they all exploded!!! (true story.)

Comment

Originally Posted by Overburn
                        but hey, whatever floats your boat.
                        water, thanks.

I dont want my phone to start ringing while i am cycling or running, but i DO want to listen to my music. Thats why i use a durable mp3 player, holds 5 gigs, which means i can use it long car journeys, via my cassette adapter. Fuck phones, i have a brick. And its happy.
                        Arsenal

Comment

Working...
                        X