GuitarFreaks/DrumMania V collection to PS2!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuitarFreaks/DrumMania V collection to PS2!!1

The last one of these made was like 4 years ago, and the songs were shit. With the V collection coming out for the PS2 in Spring 2006, you'll be seeing a lot of people (including myself) getting myself that plastic guitar just to play this game for kicks. The game will feature every song up to the latest editioni release in the arcade, which is guitar freaks 11/drum mania 10, as well as the new ones that are found on the V collection. The controller thing costs like 16 bucks USD if you buy it online, with shipping fees of course. The import game won't cost a fortune either.

Do many of you guys out there ever try this game at your local arcade? YOu may be familiar with it if you see a bunch of asian guys and girls stroking away at this plastic toy or banging drum sticks onto what drummers use as practice pads.

Here's the news for it if you may be interested in getting the game for yourself when it does come out, as it will probably come out as a split game, for both the guitar and drum. One of those games where you either hate it or love it.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/g...s_6133700.html

P.S. last time the game was sold 4 years ago, it wasn't released in North America as it was a Japan exclusive. I don't see it changing for this upcoming version either, so if you're planning to get it, better have a mod chip.
    Last edited by Kim; 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Originally posted by Kim

The last one of these made was like 4 years ago, and the songs were shit. With the V collection coming out for the PS2 in Spring 2006, you'll be seeing a lot of people (including myself) getting myself that plastic guitar just to play this game for kicks. The thing costs like 16 bucks USD if you buy it online, with shipping fees of course. Do many of you guys out there ever try this game at your local arcade? YOu may be familiar with it if you see a bunch of asian guys and girls stroking away at this plastic toy or banging drum sticks onto what drummers use as practice pads.

Here's the news for it if you may be interested in getting the game for yourself when it does come out, as it will probably come out as a split game, for both the guitar and drum. One of those games where you either hate it or love it.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/g...s_6133700.html

P.S. last time the game was sold 4 years ago, it wasn't released in North America as it was a Japan exclusive. I don't see it changing for this upcoming version either, so if you're planning to get it, better have a mod chip.
    Just ordered it can't wait to play it. Yes I do have a mod-chip. Can add this to my ddr, and karoake collection.....

Comment

I love playing this at the arcade ... damn, I need to get me a mod chip.
      DELETED

Comment

Wasn't this the same basic premise as Amplitude for playstation?
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Amplitude was each track being 1 instrament, vocal, etc* and you can switch between each one creating lines of music that can sound different each time you go based on how bad/well you do and what you do to manipulate the track.

Guitarfreaks is just the guitar aspect. Each of the 3 lines you see are like 3 strings on your guitar in a sense. But you are only doing the guitar line, nothing else.
          DELETED

Comment

All these games are based on the same premise, but have different catches.

Guitar freaks lets you waggle the analog stick like a plectrum on a guitar and makes you actually do other real guitar style stuff.
            Beatmania has 6 different buttons to press instead of 3 which gets crazy.
            Drummania I've never played but would freaking love to.

Amplitude is cool but found it easy even in the last section. Once you get the hang of switching tracks there's not much left. Guitar Freaks + Beatmania on the PSX were just insanely hard at the end. Not too related: Only last night I was playing Beatmania on a gameboy emulator while waiting in a shop for a kebab.

Comment

This seems cool. I like playing my real electric guitar tho <3

Comment

Working...
              X