X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mice/mouses.

THAT REGENERATE!
    http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,68962,00.html
    Researchers have somehow (Even they aren't sure how) made a strain of mice that have hyper-regenerative abilities.
    They even regrow (parts) of a damaged heart, and regenerate anything (aside from the brain) that is damaged.
    Now, lizards and amphibians have the ability to regenerate their own bodies, but regeneration is not a mammal thing.
    Naturally they are thinking of how this could help humans. If they can figure out how to get it to work. Plus, the treatment could be dangerously carcinogenic, and not much help for people who are lying in critical care being fed by a tube (Their muscles will still decay from inaction and everything)
    But it could create a generation of superhumans...

Originally posted by Disliked
    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Holy Shit You Beat Tone To It.

Comment

I'm on a roll.

Comment

That's pretty crazy..... That won't be applied to humans for a long time though. It'll take way longer than a decade just to be ready enough to apply it to humans. Some human's may even end up like a bartoli baby.....

Comment

Wow, that's insane

I didn't know that salamanders regrew their organs.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
          3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
          3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
          1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
          BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
          Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

:headbang: holy crap thats all i can say. except if that is one of those fake jokes articles things im gonna have to kill you :headbang:
            Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
            Mastersword> ROFL
            Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Actually, I don't think its fake. I've googled it and it hits several different websites.
              So if it is fake, then its a really good scam?

Comment

Oh, initially I thought it was the telomerase thing (which can be mucked around with to remove inevitable cell death).

This seems to be something different though, very interesting, even though the cancer risk would probably screw it all up.
                - k2

Comment

Working...
                X