Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about AOL and cancelling an account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about AOL and cancelling an account.

A few months ago, I used one of the AOL free cds and made an account. I used my friends name, but my credit card number, since I didn't think I would keep it. The time limit/ amount of hours passed and I just decided to use it as a internet service. Fast forward to now, where I have cable (have had it for a few months, just been lazy). I want to cancel my account, but they have the stupid " what highschool did you go to " security question. I don't remember what I put down for it, and I sure as hell didn't use my highschool as the answer.

My question is, if I call them and tell them I want to cancel my account, but don't know the security question or password (damn save password feature), would I be able to cancel the account? I'm afraid that since I didn't correct the info when I started paying for it, since it's not in my name they'll try to say I was giving false information or some other illegal mess. I also don't want them to be like " ok just give us your social" and have it not match my friend's actual social. That last bit is probably silly since I didn't give them my social, but you see my dilemma none the less (hopefully).

I asked on another forum and one guy suggested-

If I were you, I would call and say you noticed a charge on your credit card that you didn't authorize, and when you brought it up to your family your brother confessed to using your credit card. Tell them you just want it canceled. If they give you any BS like they need the primary signer uper guy, just tell them that you are the cad holder and you are not authorizing any further transactions and your are requesting them to remove your credit card from any future charges and refusal todoso on their behalf would be credit card fraud and would be a felony. They shouldn't give you any BS after that.
    ps. it might be best to call up and claim to know nothing about the account, login name or anything. Just stick to the story that you saw the unauthorized transaction and want it canceled. It won't mater either way, but it might makes things go more smoothly and quicker if they don't question the 'truth' you are telling them.
    Should I do that? I don't want myself or my friend to get charged with fraud :turned:
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Just guessing but I'm thinking that as long as you are legit, let them ask you for any credentials needed to prove you are who you are. I'm sure other people have forgotten their answer to their security question and stuff.

Comment

They may ask you for a variety of information, all depends really, each place has different standards. Where I work you're supposed to ask for date of birth, etc. They should have all the information you submitted for the account available, and depending if its all your information or all your friends. As long as you can give them enough of the right information, you should be able to cancel it with no problem.
      I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

AOL is known for their shitacular service, good luck to you.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
        3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
        3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
        1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
        BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
        Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

Sounds easier to just cancel the credit card

Comment

i would do what that guy suggested, except for making up the backstory, i cant imagine why youd have to lie about anything. just call, say, "i want to cancel my account, do you want to do that or should i call my credit card company and have them stop payment?"
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

My bad Eph, I meant to say check card. I don't want to cancel it just for this stupid AOL thing, I shouldn't have to. Another idea came up, I like it better than the first one-

Call them and tell them that you wish to cancel the account. When they ask you why you don't know the account information, say that your buddy signed up for the account, but didn't have a credit card, so you let him use your card to sign up. Now, he has his own card, so he doesn't need the account anymore, and so you're canceling for him because you're the cardholder.

They shouldn't give you too much crap. Although, when you filled out the credit card information, didn't they ask for the cardholder's name? I thought if that was wrong secure servers wouldn't authorize the transaction.

Also, as far as legal matters go, they have a pathetic fraud case if they wanted to charge it. It's YOUR card, they got THEIR Money, and your friend is completely in the dark about this. Your friend can't get in any trouble because he didn't DO anything, and it's impossible to prove he did. AOL didn't lose any money by having a different name on the card, and if they didn't check it, they won't be inclined to take up a case, as they're SUPPOSED to check cards.
              And to answer the question, even if they did ask for the cardholders name (don't remember), it still went through and they still accepted it.
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Sweet,I just finished calling them. I basically told them the whole deal about using the free cd a long time ago, and that I don't remember the information and all that. All I needed to do was give them the last 4 digits of my card and they knew it was me, slickness. The guy I talked to even gave me a refund for this past month since I haven't logged on in so long.

Comment

wow, that's much better service since when I tried to cancel my AOL account a few years back
                  Last edited by NaiLed; 10-10-2005, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Dude, my dad got 200 questions from this Indian guy that was outsourced and got really pissed off.

He just kept saying, "No", but their last questiong was "Are you sure you want to cancel your account?" and out of habit he said no, but then he was like "WAIT FUCK SHIT CANCEL IT"

So they did.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                      Dude, my dad got 200 questions from this Indian guy that was outsourced and got really pissed off.

He just kept saying, "No", but their last questiong was "Are you sure you want to cancel your account?" and out of habit he said no, but then he was like "WAIT FUCK SHIT CANCEL IT"

So they did.
                      I hate AOL their service is so overpriced, I remember when I had their dial-up it was reallly slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X