Good movies to watch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good movies to watch...

give me some good movies that aren't so mainstream. i just watched Elephant http://imdb.com/title/tt0363589/ , really interesting.

Boondock Saints
    the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Just a few of my favorites:
      • Apollo 13 (if you've seen this already and enjoyed it, I suggest the HBO mini series "From the Earth to the Moon")
      • Empire of the Sun
      • K-PAXf
      • PrimerFFF
      • The Right Stuff
      • Seven Years in Tibetff
      • Spirited Away (an anime, but you don't have to be one of those "weird anime people" to like it)
      Last edited by Saturn V; 10-18-2005, 01:28 PM.
      Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

I really don't see why people like Spirited Away. Granted I'm a bit jaded from seeing it 4 times (2 animation classes and 1 english class showed it, plus the first time I saw it on my own). It's just not as good as Princess Mononoke (same art-style/director IIRC) in my opinion.

Good Movies I suggest-

Seven Samurai
        Yojimbo
        Memento
        Donnie Darko
        The Killer (" Die xue shuang xiong " is the Chinese title, directed by John Woo)
        Fright Night 2
        The Frighteners

I'll edit and add more if I think of them later.
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

i too want movies!

i'll add basic instint to this list...though it could be somewhat mainstream
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
            Boondock Saints
            That's what I was thinking

Comment

I watched Elephant, I thought it was pretty good. Also, check out Party Monster. I'll add more to this list when I think of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                I really don't see why people like Spirited Away. Granted I'm a bit jaded from seeing it 4 times (2 animation classes and 1 english class showed it, plus the first time I saw it on my own). It's just not as good as Princess Mononoke (same art-style/director IIRC) in my opinion.

Good Movies I suggest-

Seven Samurai
                Yojimbo
                Memento
                Donnie Darko
                The Killer (" Die xue shuang xiong " is the Chinese title, directed by John Woo)
                Fright Night 2
                The Frighteners

I'll edit and add more if I think of them later.
                I don't think many people like black and white japanese movies.. :P than again he asked for not so mainstream.. -_-
                Kakka> <3333333333
                missa> do i want to <3 you after you banged a donkey?

Comment

Originally posted by Fire Blade
                  I don't think many people like black and white japanese movies.. :P than again he asked for not so mainstream.. -_-
                  I think many people love Akira Kurosawa's movies, especially the black and white ones. Those two are brilliant as most of his movies are.

Comment

Saw
                    Office Space
                    Throughout time, there’s been
                    crimes, throughout our history
                    But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                    Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                    Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                    Come on and take a stand
                    Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                    and all the kids are running
                    from London to Manchester
                    cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Originally posted by Fire Blade
                      Not my fault you can't appreciate a good movie just because it's in black and white.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

'Misery' always stays in my memory

Comment

I'm Not Rappaport!

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                            Boondock Saints
                            Wicked, Wicked movie.
                            I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

some good movies i saw recently on top of my mind:

Man on Fire
                              Poolhall Junkies
                              Burnt by the sun
                              Jacob's Ladder
                              Marsal

or just ask Crv, it's what I always do. :]

Comment

Working...
                              X