Tekken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekken

IMO this is the best fighting series ever made (yes I think its better than street fighter, which i'm also pretty good at). Is anyone here extremely good at it? I'm getting tired of thrashing my roommates and other people on campus.

I primarily play tekken tag and tekken 5 now.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

King of Fighters > Tekken

Damn kids and your newfangled 3D. 2D is where it's at.
    Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I used to rip it up at Tekken 2 and 3. Won a few local tournaments. Was never much on Tag, 4 or 5.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I was nothing great at it, but some guys I knew that would tear me to pieces 19 out of 20 times still couldn't pull off King's multiparts. I did them with so much ease, I'd be throwing out rolling death cradles every 30 seconds.
        It's still my favourite fighing game of all time though.

Comment

I do SNK vs Capcom 2 and Third Strike
          DELETED

Comment

hehe memories... Tekken 3 used to be one of the fav games played at my place when we were skipping school and chilling munching pizzas
            I loved playing with Nina and I'd go for those badass break-bones combos that were fatal even with full nrgy if you could do all of them. I managed to pull off a full combo on few occasions

good stuff
            Originally posted by Disliked
            However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
            when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo

So true, especially if it is SNK. Every 3D fighting game that I have played, has been more or less disappointing. They just do not have the same feeling or gameplay as the 2D has, like they would lack the essence of a fighting game, it is a bit difficult to explain. But it just is, 2D forever.

Comment

SNK vs Capcom 2 is a good game. I liked Soul Calibur 2, the moves are so nice, but in the end, the fighting is shallow.

Guilty Gear X is the best 2D fighting game.

Tekken 5 all the way. It's the best game. Which characters do you use Bio?
                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

I've never really like fighting games ... until I played Soul Calibur.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
                    So true, especially if it is SNK. Every 3D fighting game that I have played, has been more or less disappointing. They just do not have the same feeling or gameplay as the 2D has, like they would lack the essence of a fighting game, it is a bit difficult to explain. But it just is, 2D forever.
                    Hail ye, defender of good taste.
                    Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo

indeed
                      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
                      \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
                      << evoce >>
                      /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
                      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
                      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
                      TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
                      TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                        SNK vs Capcom 2 is a good game. I liked Soul Calibur 2, the moves are so nice, but in the end, the fighting is shallow.

Guilty Gear X is the best 2D fighting game.

Tekken 5 all the way. It's the best game. Which characters do you use Bio?
                        This man speaks the truth, though he's a bit mixed up as there is no SNK vs Capcom 2, but Capcom vs SNK 2.

Capcom vs SNK 2 I believe is the best core fighter, with Guilty Gear X2 being the best new age fighter. I am STILL waiting for Sammy vs Capcom, I heard a while ago it was out in arcades in Tokyo but then I was told they might just now be making it so I was like "wtf". Guilty Gear however easily blows away CvSNK 2 in terms of graphics and diversity, and seems more like a super powered fight rather than CvSNK 2's human fighters who happen to have special moves.

SNK vs Capcom Choas was HORRIBLE in my opinion, absolutely HORRIBLE. Maybe it was just the machine I was on(joystick kept sticking) but I just didn't have any fun with it. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is great fun unless people come in with top tier characters, because MvC 2 is WAY unbalanced.

And I always liked Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive against Tekken, I know DoA isn't as deep per say, but I always had for fun with DoA 2 than I did with Tekken 3.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                        .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

I prefer Soul Calibur 2. I used to own with Talim
                          Last edited by NaiLed; 10-19-2005, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Haha I don't even remember what the latest edition of KoF that I play is, there's like 6 generations at the arcade I play at. Most likely 03, or whichever one where it has orochi angel
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Tekken 5 is great. I've played since Tekken 1, but I'm not much of a console guy. I just play sometimes, but I'm pretty strong with Paul (played him since 1). Raven = Best newcomer.
                              G[y]Ro> omfg
                              G[y]Ro> u nerds
                              G[y]Ro> NERDS
                              G[y]Ro> ALL OF U

Comment

Working...
                              X