No announcement yet.

Minority Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you tell me you liked Lord of the Rings despite it's horrible and far more numerous flaws, you will have lost all credibility
    Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

ROFL, I liked Lord of the Rings Minority Report was fucking awesome though, I loved MI:2 also, Tom Cruise good overall character, he can play any part. I loved MI:2 the plot was awesome and thrilling, too bad no one I know besides my 16 year old younger brother liked it Anyone like that movie?
      I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaG
        If you tell me you liked Lord of the Rings despite it's horrible and far more numerous flaws, you will have lost all credibility
        What the fuck?? You were head over heels when LOTR came out. Man, I wish CoT didn't take the old forums down.
        Last edited by Annux; 07-09-2002, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I liked Minority Report. It entertained me. By the way, have you all seen Donnie Darko? I don't think it was in theaters very long, but you should rent the DVD.
          -Face
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Donnie Darko is the best underrated movie I've seen. For me it's the best movie of the year, so far.

Comment

Boondock Saints is the best underrated movie.

Comment

Crvenban if you want to see a very very good dark vision of the future watch the movie Brazil, directed by Terry Gilliam. It's probably my favorite film of all time.

It's set in the future which isn't as much the Spielburg technology future as a satire on modern life. In this world buerocracy takes over everything and one guy struggles to make sense of it all.

If you've ever seen the movie 12 Monkeys and liked that, this is the same director but 10x better a movie.

-Epi
                P.S. LOTR owned.
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

I saw AND liked 12 Monkeys.

Comment

Terry rulez

Terry Gilliam, one of the Pythons, and one of my favorite directors, I've seen all of his movies from Time bandits, through Brazil, Fisher king, 12 monkeys and one of my favorites in the last few years: Fear and loathing in Las Vegas (even have the book). But yea, I'll have to see Brazil again, last time I saw it was like 7-8 years ago.

LotR is kinda uncomparable to Minority Report, they're too different, but even though I saw it 6 months later then everyone, it was great adventure movie (as it was intended to be). Plus the genre is completly different.

2 more good underrated movies come to mind:
                    -Amores Perros (Love's a bitch) is a excellent action/drama with rich characters, great atmosphere and is rather unpredictable.
                    -Brotherhood of the wolf; now this is not some super-smart film, but is to be watched as pure action. It's set in France during the Louis XV (woot) but action scenes are Matrix-like with stop & go slo-mo's. Its very entertaining and I would place it in the same category as Boondock saints: no matter when it's shown, and no matter how many times you've seen it, you always kinda see it again....just like Shawshank redemption, Last of the mohicans, Thursday, Fear and loathing....
                    Originally posted by Disliked
                    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

riight, going off topic now~

this movie looks to be one of the only good movies this summer. Anyone see MIB 2 yet? I thought it was ok, but not as good as the first...
                      I dunno what to write...

Comment

Brotherhood of the Wolf is a fucking AWESOME movie. When is that shit coming out on DVD nationwide?

Comment

i thought it was, annux. i coulda swore i saw t somewhere on dvd, i just forget where...
                          I dunno what to write...

Comment

MR. DEEDS.

Phatom man Emilio. haha He was the best character.
                            When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                            -John

Comment

See, even though I don't think of you as stupid Crven, you really did need to stop trying to make out with the girl sitting next to you and actually try to listen to what was said throughout the movie in order to get your facts straight.
                              Everything in that movie I could forsee happening by then, apart from the odd thing or two.
                              Like those intellegent plants for instance. And the way you can simply drive a brand new car off an assembly line just by being there. I found it reassuring to know that cars will be technologically advanced yet you can still steal them with less than a crowbar.
                              And I don't think that face contortion thingy was neccessary since Tom starred in MI where they used peel off masks a dozen times without the pain.
                              Apart from that, I thought the movie was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Annux

What the fuck?? You were head over heels when LOTR came out. Man, I wish CoT didn't take the old forums down.
                                Are you on drugs? I got flamed by about 20 people for talking trash about LOTR! That topic spanned like 40 replies of people calling me an idiot, even though I continually said I LIKED the movie. I just tried to say that it wasn't NEARLY as good as people claimed, and it didn't belong at the Oscars, and all the Tolkien nerds for some reason (probably denial) simply chose to ignore the 100+ crippling flaws about the film. It was a popcorn-style, thin-as-ice adventure, and it worked on that level. It never worked as anything "impressive". It was basically like Gladiator, another mediocre "epic"

P.S. Minority Report is STILL cool.
                                Ask me about my explosive diarrhea!

Comment

Working...
                                X