No announcement yet.

Minority Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf, how could anyone possibly like brotherhood of the wolf. the plot was just uhh ok theres like a wolf or something thats inside armor and killing people so we have to kill it and drag it out and add lots of stupid details. the only good part in the movie was the sex scene.

Comment

wolf kickz azz

Originally posted by Puppet*Master
      wtf, how could anyone possibly like brotherhood of the wolf. the plot was just uhh ok theres like a wolf or something thats inside armor and killing people so we have to kill it and drag it out and add lots of stupid details. the only good part in the movie was the sex scene.

That is the thing, this movie was not about plot, and mystery was just added for better experience. This was pure action movie, and AS SUCH it really is good (of course you wont compare it to Godfather, Taxi driver, Clockwork orange etc), with excellent fighting scenes. Camera movements, use of rain, slo-mos, even the fighting style, which I prefer more to kung-fu fighting-Imma-hit-you-100-times-and-you'll-get-up, was nicely done.
      The story is just a story, you could have placed anything there, and even though I felt it as little out-of-place, it does not take anything away from that movie. Every time I get chance, I watch Brotherhood of the wolf through, its entertaining.
      Originally posted by Disliked
      However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
      when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Re: wolf kickz azz

Originally posted by CrvenBan

That is the thing, this movie was not about plot, and mystery was just added for better experience. This was pure action movie, and AS SUCH it really is good (of course you wont compare it to Godfather, Taxi driver, Clockwork orange etc), with excellent fighting scenes. Camera movements, use of rain, slo-mos, even the fighting style, which I prefer more to kung-fu fighting-Imma-hit-you-100-times-and-you'll-get-up, was nicely done.
        The story is just a story, you could have placed anything there, and even though I felt it as little out-of-place, it does not take anything away from that movie. Every time I get chance, I watch Brotherhood of the wolf through, its entertaining.
        ok the fighting was pretty good but they needed more of it

Comment

Personally, I didn't like Brotherhood of the Wolf. It was boring and did NOT have to be 3 hours long. Action? you call that action?! If you wanna see action, go see Legend of Drunken Master (Jackie Chan) That was when he was in his prime & action is the best I've ever seen.

Maybe I didn't like Brotherhood due to the fact that it was 3 hours long and I watched the movie at 11:30 at night... When I got out, I was dazed.
          When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
          -John

Comment

Are you retarded? Brotherhood had a terrific storyline. Did any of you assholes catch on to the fact that it was the Catholic church controlling the beast? That is what the entire movie was about: A religious cult trying desperately to hang on to its fading power through fear and mind control. Did you even watch the movie?

Brotherhood of the Wolf had a good plot, tons of action, great acting, suspense, mystery, horror, romance, and it gave you a feeling of nostalgia.

If I can bare to watch a foreign movie with subtitles, it has to be a fucking fantastic film. Just because you aren't mature enough to digest dialogue and put pieces together doesn't make cinema bad.

Assclown.

EDIT: Anyone catch on to the fact that the Beast was NOT a wolf?
            Last edited by Annux; 07-12-2002, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IlyaG

Are you on drugs? I got flamed by about 20 people for talking trash about LOTR! That topic spanned like 40 replies of people calling me an idiot, even though I continually said I LIKED the movie. I just tried to say that it wasn't NEARLY as good as people claimed, and it didn't belong at the Oscars, and all the Tolkien nerds for some reason (probably denial) simply chose to ignore the 100+ crippling flaws about the film. It was a popcorn-style, thin-as-ice adventure, and it worked on that level. It never worked as anything "impressive". It was basically like Gladiator, another mediocre "epic"

P.S. Minority Report is STILL cool.

IlyaG 6 months ago: "LOTR is by far the best movie I have seen in the last few years. I don't need to read the trilogy to enjoy the cinematographic masterpiece. Utter perfection."

WtF

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                Are you retarded? Brotherhood had a terrific storyline. Did any of you assholes catch on to the fact that it was the Catholic church controlling the beast? That is what the entire movie was about: A religious cult trying desperately to hang on to its fading power through fear and mind control. Did you even watch the movie?

Brotherhood of the Wolf had a good plot, tons of action, great acting, suspense, mystery, horror, romance, and it gave you a feeling of nostalgia.

If I can bare to watch a foreign movie with subtitles, it has to be a fucking fantastic film. Just because you aren't mature enough to digest dialogue and put pieces together doesn't make cinema bad.

Assclown.

EDIT: Anyone catch on to the fact that the Beast was NOT a wolf?
                actually im pretty sure i heard it was some kind of wolverine that went extinct back in the 50's from hunters because they were killing tons of people in like australia

Comment

It never said what it was (if I remember right), but since the bad guy was travelling through Africa, it should be a wild animal from there. At then end you can see it has yellow-ish eyes, so it might have been lion or leopard, slightly pumped up

I shoul dcheck the lengt of the movie (kind lazy now)..was it really 3 hrs ? It didn't feel like it.

Anyone seen Pollock ? Any good ?
                  However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

What about that movie The Land Before Time? Have we forgotten about the greatest movie ever made? The splendid eloquency of Petrie, the strong narrative of Little Foot, the menacing portrayal of a big fucking nasty dinosaur by Sharptooth.

Jesus people, it's like you just don't care anymore.
                    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Hmmz PJ, not that I have something vs dinos but I prefer cartoons made for adults (wink wink, nudge nudge...)

Btw....why Minority Report still is bad:
                      Crimes of passion were more difficult for the pre-cogs to see, which is why they see them so close to the time of the actual murder, right? Why would then Anderton's crime pop up more than a day and a half in advance? He has no idea who Leo Crow is, and isn't lied to about the dead-son connection until just moments before the shot.

He has no reason or desire to kill the guy untill about 5 seconds after actual encounter (when the guy says he killed his son), and unless the Pre-Crime Boss is able to manipulate what the pre-cogs see, there is no explanation for their vision being so early. But he cant manipulate pre-cogs, because he needed to set up a whole fake murder on pre-cogs mum (if we could manipulate them, there wouldn't be need for fake murder).

Explain that....anyone ?

Comment

I thought it was an entertaining movie. Kept my attention. There were some holes, but nothing real major. Definately not the movie of the year, but entertaining nonetheless.
                        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Puppet*Master

actually im pretty sure i heard it was some kind of wolverine that went extinct back in the 50's from hunters because they were killing tons of people in like australia

I don't even know where to start with this mess of stupidity.

1. Wolverines are about as big as a skunk or a possum. If your brain stopped leaking chemicals long enough for you to notice the size of the beast was at least that of a tiger or a lion. CrvenBan correctly pointed out about the master's travels into Africa which is likely where he picked it up and trained it. It was suggested by critics that it was indeed a lion or jaguar.

2. Back in the '50s? ... The movie took place before 19th century in EUROPE. Jesus christ, you spent 8.50 on a ticket and you didn't watch the movie? You could have gotten 3 packs of Pokemon cards with that!

Comment

also called GLUTTON, CARCAJOU, OR SKUNK BEAR (species Gulo gulo, or sometimes G. luscus in North America), member of the weasel family (Mustelidae) that lives in cold northern latitudes, especially in timbered areas, around the world. It resembles a small, squat, broad bear 65-90 cm (26-36 inches) long, excluding the bushy, 13-26-centimetre ...

fucking no image tags allowed.
                            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I have never seen a wolverine bigger than a god damn cat. Comparing a lion sized animal to a typical image of a wolverine is ridicilous.

Comment

Cold, northern altitudes, eh? Like Australia maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X