No announcement yet.

Your Real Life Occupation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just took a break as head manager of a small local club to go back to school to get my business admin degreee. I'm also acting as a stay at home dad right now, but sadly, a lot of the time I'm taking care of the kids, I'm doing work. I help out with the club from time to time because I kind of prematurely put a junior manager in my position, and he's had one or two freak outs with some situations, but I'm not getting payed for it. I'm more of a full-time student than most people in college these days, as I'm looking to get my degree in three years, not four.

I'll probably go for my MBA afterwards, but I'll most likely take it in a four year program, as I work. By then my kids will be older and off to elementary school each day, so things will be a lot smoother by that point. I'm looking to move on to bigger and better things. Even though I love the club, and I'm making a great amount of money for such a small place, I want to open up my own place some day, or head a much larger bar/club orginization.

I doubt anyone will read that life story of a post.

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
    I suck at anything to do with numbers really. Oh well.
    Don't worry, I wasn't that great with numbers, I'm still not, when I went to college (Lehigh University), but I did pretty well. Make sure you hit up the tutors, or if you go to a small school, hit up the proffesors, as much as possible, it will only help! I was going into Electrical Engineering, which I believe Computer Engineering is a sub-group of, and basically has much of the same classes, except for programming. I dropped out not only because I was a complete failure in life and druggie, but that Engineering wasn't my calling, but that nightlife was.
    Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 10-27-2005, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Ah, Electrical Engineering sounds more my cup of tea actually. I enjoy programming (Visual Basic) but I'd rather not take it any further than a hobby in my spare time.

Comment

they call me an aydio enjineer

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
          I'm a student. Was taking computer engeneering last year...
          what she said.. and i work parttime as a consultant at my own company
          Throughout time, there’s been
          crimes, throughout our history
          But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
          Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
          Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
          Come on and take a stand
          Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
          and all the kids are running
          from London to Manchester
          cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

still in 6th form. i don't have a job because I'm too lazy, but i get EMA (£30/week) and play poker when i'm a bit short of money. i can make quite a lot if i really try. for exmaple, won about £70 within about 5 hours of playing within last couple of days

i'm taking Media Studies (ha) at ZeUs' old Uni - Portmouth, next year. not sure what I want to do when I'm older, but just doing what I enjoy

Comment

I've been thinking of taking Media Technology actually, seeing as though I did Media GCSE but didn't take it at A-Level but took ICT instead, I can still qualify for that course.

Plus, some of my mates who took Media A-Level but didn't bother at GCSE level still come to me for help with their courseworks, so I guess I learnt more with a single GCSE than they did with a single A-Level.

Comment

Working...
              X