1/2 lb butter
    3/4 cup flour
    3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    2 TBSP ground cumin
    1 TBSP salt
    1 TBSP white pepper
    1 TBSP paprika
    1 TBSP chili powder
    4 6 inch fresh corn tortillas (diced into small pieces)
    2 cups milk

Add water, spices, onions, jalapeno, green pepper, and chicken bullion/base to a stock pot over medium heat. In separate pot melt butter and add flour to make roux, remove from heat. When soup begins to lightly boil add the smoked chicken (make sure chicken is in small pieces). Cook for 15 minutes, lower heat and add the roux, mixing until roux is incorporated into the soup. Add the cheddar cheese and tortilla pieces to soup and mix until they are blended into the soup. Add milk and stir, cook for additional 15-20 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream of tortilla chips on top.

EDIT: Didn't realize I forgot the chicken on this recipe!
    Last edited by THE PUSHER; 09-03-2002, 03:36 PM.
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Guarenteed success in 15 simple steps.

What you need:

- Pizza delivery place thingy phone nr.
      - Telephone
      - Money

Here's what you do:

1. Pick up phone
      2. Dial number
      3. Order desired pizza
      4. Wait
      5. Nearly go insane with hunger
      <ding dong!>
      6. Proceed to door
      7. Open door
      8. Take pizza
      9. Take money out of wallet
      10. Hand money to pizza delivery person.
      11. Close door
      12. Walk back to dining room
      13. Open pizza box
      14. Inhale that sweet aroma
      15. Eat pizza.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

So, has anyone tried any of these recipes? If so, tell us about your experience.
        Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

This is my famous lobster recipe:

INGREDIENTS
          2 1-2lb. lobsters
          1 dash tabasco
          4 tbsp. olive oil
          1 dash Worcestershire sauce
          2 tsp. minced garlic
          1/2 tsp. oregano
          1/2 cup minced onion
          1/2 tsp. basil
          1/2 cup minced celery
          2 each medium, skinned, diced tomatoes
          1/2 cup minced green pepper
          1/2 cup marsala
          1/4 cup chopped parsley
          1/4 cup cooked pasta
          1/4 tsp. black pepper
          1/4 cup parmesan cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
          Boil water in large pan and immerse lobsters to kill them. Remove from water, lay them on their backs and cut them in half lengthwise with a chef knife. Remove the intestinal tract that runs down the back of the tail section and the stomach. Save the tamalley and the roe in a separate bowl to add later on.
          In a large skillet, place olive oil and garlic. Cook on high heat until garlic starts to brown. Add the onions, celery, peppers, parsley, pepper, tabasco, Worcestershire, oregano and basil. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes then add lobsters split side down. Pour the tomatoes, marsala wine, tomalley and roe over lobsters, cover and cook on medium heat 8-10 minutes. In a large shallow bowl, place 8 oz. of the pasta. Remove lobsters from pan and place split side up on pasta. Cover with sauce,
          sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.

Comment

Mattey's Morning Muffin.

English muffin - toasted until nooks and crannies are overflowing
            Bacon- crispy but not burnt
            Eggs- Scrambled with cheese

Put eggs and bacon inbetween nooks and crannies english muffin.

Enjoy.

It takes 5 minutes to make, and I have it like 4 times a week $$.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Hey Pusher - how much chicken for the soup?

I'm a bit confused here. The original request was for confectionary recipes. There are only savoury recipes posted so far, nothing confectionary at all! I trained for pastries, breadmaking, sugar pulling, and chocolate and confection making at Le Cordon Bleu and Bellouet Conseils in Paris. If you find yourselves in need of any of those kinds of things, let me know.

Comment

Ez stuff for lazy people

Just easy food for you lazy people

1/2 lbs. Ground beef or 2 premade hamburger patties.
                1 onion
                1 green pepper
                (any extra veggies you want that are good)

chop up your veggies throw into a hot pan.
                take beef and put it into pan as well. Cook until beef is done. (i think its 160 F)

put all ingrediants onto a sandwhich or 2 or 3 or whatever and add BBQ or anykind of steaksauce for a delicious and ez lunch, or you could even eat it out of a bowl for fun.

-------

Ez chicken wings. (take a long time but it's still easy.

chicken wings. (as much as you want)
                Any kind of sau e you want spice until your hearts content.
                I use Bullseye or a diana's sauce.

Put all wings into a bakeable container or a crockpot. Cover with sauce until they're all covered, If you use more you won't ahve to move them that much. Bake in oven for 2-3 hours at 375 or i crockpot for 6 or so (crockpot has lower temp obviously).

Be ready for the best fall off the bone wings you've ever had.
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I am a 19 y/o food is important and being able to cook is a bonus.

Just expereiment, if you don't lke it try something new next time.

(i hate cooking potatoes because i can't time it right when cooking with the main course, they are always under cooked and i ahve to pull the meat out before the potatoes are done)
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Adman, you got connections at Mc D's you don't need to be able to cook

Comment

Originally posted by Adman

(i hate cooking potatoes because i can't time it right when cooking with the main course, they are always under cooked and i ahve to pull the meat out before the potatoes are done)
                      Heres a little hint for ya.. you can cook your potatoes off at any time. If you want to keep them warm, just put them in a pan covered with aluminum foil, and place them in the oven at 200 degrees. That will keep them warm for when you are ready to serve them.

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Microwave the potatoes beforehand and keep them warm in the oven till your main course is ready.

Comment

o'course, if everything else fails....nuke it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
                            o'course, if everything else fails....nuke it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
                              Adman, you got connections at Mc D's you don't need to be able to cook
                              All the more reason to cook.

Comment

WARNING: Parental Advisory

rofl.. wheres the advil
                                Last edited by code; 09-04-2002, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X