No announcement yet.

My Hat's Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but 180 pounds is WAY more then 220 dollars.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
      I'd get one but I'm saving up for a Gibson SG <3
      Just sort of a tip-

the SG is really neck heavy, like when you let go of your guitar the headstock runs for the floor. (if it's hanging off your body via guitar straps, that is)

I actually traded my friend for his Stratocaster and I'm a bit happier. (And here's the guy with my old SG)

But, the SG sounds A LOT better, so if you're not going to be rocking on stage and throwing your guitar around, definitely go with the SG. But I'm in a band and we play shows and when I let go of my guitar to sing or whatever, having the guitar balance a bit instead of dropping neckfirst is something I need.

Let me repeat it though, the SG is a gorgeous sounding piece. Not to mention the prettiest guitar I've ever seen. I'm actually contemplating just getting my guitar back and buying a lighter neck, if it's possible.
      Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 12-27-2005, 02:15 PM.
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
        but 180 pounds is WAY more then 220 dollars.
        I meant pounds.

Jerome- neck-heavy guitars do piss me off quite a lot, and I am quite irritatingly clumsy. With a neck-heavy guitar, I'd probably end up really damaging it and crying for a week.

Recently I have been thinking about setting up a small band with some mates and I have been to a few local gigs recently. What surprises me is that most of these local bands don't seem to be putting a lot into their performances, with a few covers of songs and simply playing power chords on their own songs. I thought that if these guys are so popular in the community for their weak efforts, I could end up with a pretty good band if we put the effort into it and if the chemistry is right.

There's a real good music shop in town, and they have hundreds of overpriced guitars, so I'll probably go have a look and a feel of some before buying. I can see myself ending up with some Ibanez one instead.

Comment

Working...
        X