Athlon 64 or Intel PD Dual Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon 64 or Intel PD Dual Core

AMD 939 Athlon 64 or Intel PD Dual Core (775) Chipset CPU motherboards?

Anyone using either of these?

Making a new system and am looking to experiment a bit.

Pro's & Con's anyone...that is if you are using these at the moment. I know the Pentium 64's are more or less out matched for using backward 32 bit drivers for things such as plotters and such. AMD has them over a barrel atthe moment on that...but the 775 PD's look interesting.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7...9.html?tag=btn
    It pretty much tells you everything you need.

Comment

AMD64's for gaming and people who are smart shoppers.
      Pentiums for office apps and people who likes spending money.
      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
      TelCat> i dont

Comment

Thanks majin-uub...this is to be used in a business environment. It will be using ACAD, Adobe PSP, Quark, Macromedia....and so on in relation the a graphics intense situation.

Bio....AMD's are not just for gaming anymore We now have a few AMD's and Itels here at work and the AMD's, although not the AMD 939 do much better in many of the graphic related works we do, especially when multi tasking between these graphic intensive programs. Only thing we use here on 90% of our systems is Asus boards.

I just had no idea how Intels new chips benchmarked against the new AMD's...so again thanks for the link majin-uub.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Your welcome, I personally don't know too much about Athlon 64, or Intel Pentium D, and that article pretty much told me everything that I needed to know. Just passing the info on.

Comment

Working...
          X