Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention all map makers, lvz designers and cfg makers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention all map makers, lvz designers and cfg makers!

As you probably don't know, I am the owner of the zone SST Dev, which has failed many times at being a zone to play, so I have decided to open my arms, and let all you lovely SS players come and test your arenas, lvz's, cfg's and other things!

It works on the basis that you get given your own private arena, meaning you as arena owner, enabling you to use such commands at ?getsettings and ?setlevel opening up a wide range of testing opportunities.

As I said above, the zone is called SST Dev, the IP is: 12.218.232.31 and the Port is: 9100. If you're interested, email me on: evisu.golphu@gmail.com, add me on my MSN, or talk to me either in TW, SST Dev or any other magical realm I may have ventured into. I hope this proves useful to you!

By the way, ETC = stuBBy I changed forum nickname's because stuBBy's post count was really low and some other reasons and stuff! Anway, cheers for reading :grin:
    1: Alokas Nakki> oli nammi nammi kakkua
    1: Fork off!> I don't speak that language
    1: Alokas Nakki> neither do I

RoboHelp> This message has been sent by Nycle:
    (RoboHelp)> Please take care when operating your ship while under the influence of alcohol.
    RoboHelp> If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please use :Nycle:<message>

DO NOT TRUST THiS GUY. HE JUST WANTS YOU TO ENTER HIS ZONE AND STEAL YOUR PASSWORD.

Comment

Your username should be Sherlock, congratulations to you. ROFL my plan to steal all of TW's nickname passwords is ruined guess I'll go make up a new one, wow you and your amazing super intelligence have been able to fool yet another password stealer, my sincere congratulations to you.

If you're really of the opinion that I'm doing this to steal passwords, use an alternative nick with a different password for god's sake, and then enter the zone.
      Last edited by ECT; 01-20-2006, 02:40 PM.

(RoboHelp)> Please take care when operating your ship while under the influence of alcohol.
      RoboHelp> If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please use :Nycle:<message>

Comment

Its not on the SSC biller, is it? So simply change your password, or make an alias.

Originally posted by Disliked
        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

The TWDev Testing Zone is now on SSC billing as of this week. Maps now go through a new email and are uploaded into that zone before being sent into TW. See TWPS about the details. You can also send in maps to preview on TWDev Zone or just to work on. The old email still works, it forwards it to us but the new one is: TWmaps@gmail.com

There's no need to bother with these "development" zones as most of them are out to steal passwords anyways. If you are serious about making maps and configs then I would suggest setting up a small server to work on or use the .35 client to test and edit with while sending major updates to twmaps.

Comment

The thing is though, TWDev (from what I have heard) is quite slow to follow up with requests. If you contact me, you can have your arena up as yours within 24 hours, it's not restricted to just one arena you want to test, you can change the map/lvz/cfg as often as you like. Par example, I have heard numerous stories of people emailing maps to twmaps@twhosting.net or whatever the address is, and not receiving a reply for weeks/months in some cases.

I feel that it's pretty sad that people are so reluctant to use this seeing as 'I am out to steal passwords' if you're so sad to think that I have nothing better to do with my time than that, I suggest you go away and re-think.

I really don't know why I have bothered to do this, seeing as you're all so wrapped up in the idea that I'm going to steal passwords, but please yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ECT
              I feel that it's pretty sad that people are so reluctant to use this seeing as 'I am out to steal passwords' if you're so sad to think that I have nothing better to do with my time than that, I suggest you go away and re-think.
              The irony

Comment

Can't say I see any irony, please explain

I am doing this to provide a service, and to save some people who want to test their maps/lvz/cfg quickly and easily, without the hassle of having to email it to twmaps or whatever it is, and then wait over a week for a response.

I am beginning to regret trying to help you people, seeing as you're so reluctant to accept any help offered. I think that this is a sad reflection on the players of SubSpace/TW that they cannot even see that someone is offering them a good deal once in a while, and that not every nerd and lameass around the world is out to steal passwords and other lame shit like that, the whole situation is extremely lame in my opinion, but oh well, I guess you're all too wrapped up in TW, to accept any external help.

That doesn't mean I'm not providing the service anymore, just that I feel that (evidently) TW'ers are too reluctant to accept help from anyone except their own beloved staffers.
                Last edited by ECT; 01-21-2006, 07:18 AM.

Comment

ECT doesn't want to steal any of your passwords -.- The zone has been around for a while now (under different names) and because it was getting a big pop ECT decided it should just be a map/lvz/settings/bot development zone that people can use other than TWDev.

Even if you are still skeptic about it, you can just create a different name/password for the zone.
                  Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

Originally posted by ECT
                    By the way, ECT = stuBBy I changed forum nickname's because stuBBy's post count was really low and some other reasons and stuff! Anway, cheers for reading :grin:
                    post count was low? what does that have to do with anything? your post count on ECT is lower.
                    thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

With any unofficial entity there is a certain degree of risk involved.
                      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

The post count was like 0.07 and besides I use this name more anyway. I can understand that there is a certain amount of risk involved with logging in to any non SSC biller, but honest to god, there's nothing dodgy about what I'm doing here.

Comment

Originally posted by ECT
                          The thing is though, TWDev (from what I have heard) is quite slow to follow up with requests.
                          Thats not true. We upload the maps when we get them.
                          Dont post things if you are not sure about them.

Thank you

Barton
                          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by ECT
                            The thing is though, TWDev (from what I have heard) is quite slow to follow up with requests. If you contact me, you can have your arena up as yours within 24 hours, it's not restricted to just one arena you want to test, you can change the map/lvz/cfg as often as you like. Par example, I have heard numerous stories of people emailing maps to twmaps@twhosting.net or whatever the address is, and not receiving a reply for weeks/months in some cases.

I really don't know why I have bothered to do this, seeing as you're all so wrapped up in the idea that I'm going to steal passwords, but please yourselves.
                            This is a new system and the reason no replies have been given for so long is that the uploaders get too stressed out over doing it. I haven't seen one single map sent in go more then 10 hours without being uploaded unless the player wants something special done to it like having us setup warp points.

Just recently Jacklyn, Barton, Me, Kyace, Ikrit, Superdave, Flare and maybe some others will upload maps onto SSCI TWDev Testing (SSC) and help make any changes to the map then mark them and send them up to PL, 2D and DoCk> to upload into TW.

I'm not saying you do steal passwords, only that with the current way things are now setup in TW and with all the tools with .35 and the server software free to all I see no need to risk it. Switching names everytime while developing is a risk and I have to do it going between twdev and TW every once in a while I've forgotten going back to my ZH name more then once so it is a risk.

Comment

If the system has been changed then fine, I was unaware of that, I was going on previous events where I have been told of ridiculous waiting periods, but if this is no more the case, then I take it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X