o2jam -- Online BEATMANIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2jam -- Online BEATMANIA

Just like what the subject says, this online game called o2jam, now-turned free game from what was once P2P, is an online version of the DJ game Beatmania. You play songs just like normal Beatmania, except when you get more points on a song, you get more Gems, which you use to buy accessories for your avatar as well as buying LOCKED songs. The more you play, the higher level you will be. Kind of like how in RPG's you gain exp, same here. Your level represents how long you've been playing (how many songs you've played) basically.

THe most painful part of setting up this game is aside from the 200 mbs client installation, that doesn't include the bulk of the songs. So you will need to download the songs separately. I also don't recommend you downloading the torrent of the songs, its very slow. I got the music packs way faster by downloading each of the 20 or so music packs of 10 songs.

Every song has 3 difficulties, you can change the scroll speed, identical to Beatmania. You can make VS rooms, where players can join your game, and you all play the same song together. You see their lifebars throughout the song, so if they're dying away, you can see. As for the song difficulties, it has a large range, so don't worry if you're not good enough (or conversely, too good for anyone, because there are some insanely hard songs as well)

Main Site: http://www.o2jam.com.my/
    Client download: http://www.o2jam.com.my/download.asp
    Song packs: http://www.o2jam.com.my/song_pack.asp

Currently only Singer and I play. He's way higher lvl than me, I only started 3 days ago and I play regularly. His name is Monsheal and mine is Akaryuu. If you (TW FORUM GOER) decide to play, u can pm us in ss so we can play a few gigs together.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

I'll be there, it'll keep me busy on my laptop.
    DELETED

Comment

:greedy: i must play this :greedy:

Comment

i play sro, unlike some people.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Alright, I just started playing this a bit, downloaded the first pack (took forever). Alot of fun $ Reminded me of Gunbound .. only no people in boomers firing into the sky for 2 minutes spamming "OMG LOL LAH LAH LAH LAH NOOOB LAH"
          DELETED

Comment

Tell more about how the game is, I don't even know what Beatmania is..
            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

goddammit kim...

the game is fun, not addictive

if youre a fast learner and have good reflex then you should like this game

its kind of like that site, I think it was flashflashrevolution.com

theres approximatively 150 songs that you can play, and there are 7 keys, making it a little harder than the original, up, down, left, right

I can do songs that goes around level 20 or so (extremely hard)

the game keeps updating and having new songs or features every once in awhile, Im level 32 in the game (played 6 months), I think Kim is 12 (played 3days)

Comment

Working...
              X