Church Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church Fire

Gah. Sorry for leaving everyone. Got a phone call and the my church caught on fire. I went down there at 6:30 and didn't get back till 11:30. Soudns like an electrical fire. The whole downstairs is gone, upstairs its decent but its all going to be gutted. We got a few of the brass/gold stuff out and the flags survived and such. 163 year old church has to be rebuilt. Stain glass windows are up but hopefully we can reuse them. We called in about 8-10 fire companies from all around. Some even came from over an hour away an HOUR away!!!

Just saying this so you know why I left earlier and to keep everyone up here in our prayers thanks guys.

- Ataris

Taken from the news at http://www.scylus.com/burn

Yeah this is what happened. I just hope this doens't happen to everyone else :eek:
    ataris/justin/altitude

Wait? The Fairdale church? Holy shit... I never even heard any fire trucks go by the house!
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

HOLY BLAZING CHURCHES BATMAN!
      Originally posted by Yoshiba
      i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

God hated your church.

Comment

Yeah Jason

Yeah. Uncle Ken came down there and watched it with meh dad and mom and I. The whole basement is gone. Upstairs can make do but going to have to be gutted.

Ton of firefighters.

Tunkannhuck <-- Spelling
          Forest Lake
          Rush
          Elk Lake
          Montrose
          Silver Lake
          Vestal
          Harford

there were a couple others too i believe just don't remember.

Basically the whole addition on the back is gone. It started "a guess" down stairs by that door where the Electirc Box is.

Someone saw it went to the neighbors said there was a flicker and asked if they had anyu fire extinguishers. THey grabbed a couple. Called 911 then my mom and ran down there. Whole church was lit up w/ flames. Then out of no where it all turned black and stopped. Then a downstairs window broke open and the downstairs became engulfed w/ flames again. This was all after lights turned on the exploded and the sound system crackling and stuff. After that more windows downstairs blew out. Someone ran over turned off the propane before it reached there. Fire Fighters got there broked a door and started spraying water. The whole back of the church went right up that wall. Guess we'll just ahve to pray for the best. In this small place with the type of people we live w/ we'll get it back together. Heck I know your dad helped build that addition
          Last edited by Ataris; 12-25-2002, 11:24 PM.
          ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

Look at the side.. Jason lives in Rochester, NY and ataris lives in Penn, :/
            It's not whether you win or lose.
            It's how you place the blame.

Comment

God couldn't even save his own building.

-nt-

Comment

Why my grand-pa used to burn churches all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by phYst
                  Look at the side.. Jason lives in Rochester, NY and ataris lives in Penn, :/
                  I live in Rochester, NY when I'm at college at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I was born and raised in Montrose, Pennsylvania and am home now on Christmas break. Ataris is my cousin, and the church that burned down is less than a quarter of a mile from my home.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                    I live in Rochester, NY when I'm at college at the Rochester Institute of Technology. I was born and raised in Montrose, Pennsylvania and am home now on Christmas break. Ataris is my cousin, and the church that burned down is less than a quarter of a mile from my home.

I stand corrected. Sry
                    It's not whether you win or lose.
                    It's how you place the blame.

Comment

Re: Church Fire

Originally posted by Ataris
                      Gah. Sorry for leaving everyone. Got a phone call and the my church caught on fire. I went down there at 6:30 and didn't get back till 11:30. Soudns like an electrical fire. The whole downstairs is gone, upstairs its decent but its all going to be gutted. We got a few of the brass/gold stuff out and the flags survived and such. 163 year old church has to be rebuilt. Stain glass windows are up but hopefully we can reuse them. We called in about 8-10 fire companies from all around. Some even came from over an hour away an HOUR away!!!

Just saying this so you know why I left earlier and to keep everyone up here in our prayers thanks guys.

- Ataris

Taken from the news at http://www.scylus.com/burn

Yeah this is what happened. I just hope this doens't happen to everyone else :eek:

Atheist strikes again!
                      The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                      -Dys

Comment

Working...
                      X