No announcement yet.

Ancient History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Def. books by Homer or is it Homerus (the one time I see Homer, then it's homerus, it's just confusing). Books by plato and that kind. But, seeing as I only recently started to read ALOT more, specially classics and stuff.. I don't have much yet. Besides, you never know if my academic library has some stuff yours doesn't or you haven't found yet in yours.. Once I know more, I'll let you know.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I am also studying Homer at my university. I definetly recommend that you read The Aeneid of Virgil and The Odyssey. Two really great works but see the movie Troy first or else you won't understand them.
      Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

PROPERTY OF DICE AS OF FEB, 17 2007

WIN LOSE OR TIE UNITED FORCE TILL I DIE

THE BOYS OF SUMMER
      LIVE FOR GRAPEVINE
      SHED BLOOD FOR GRAPEVINE
      I DIE FOR GRAPEVINE

WWW.SIZZERB.COM

Comment

reading from proper philosophy books is horrible.

horrible...

Comment

You want a trip? Go after Bertrand Russell. That's a man !

Any national epic is also enjoyable. I think that the Song of Roland is my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson
            I am also studying Homer at my university. I definetly recommend that you read The Aeneid of Virgil and The Odyssey. Two really great works but see the movie Troy first or else you won't understand them.
            It's way better to just read the Iliad first, the movie Troy is flawed on sooo many points.

I have read the odyssey before reading anything else on that timeline, just the basic knowledge about the greeks I had (the gods and all that stuff) and I understood it just fine.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Did you hear that Angelina Jolie is starring in a new version of the Odyssey?

Who will she be playing, I wonder.

:fear:
              Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

age of empires!!!!
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hmm I took a first year introduction to classics course in my undergrad years. It was one of the best classes I ever took, my prof rocked. He had all these great stories, like him running across a super highway in Greece so that he could get to the marker that marked the site of the battle of Thermopyle.
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                  X