No announcement yet.

Computer Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let me just say, if you get anything intel 2 or above, YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
      If you are a true enthusiast, simply DO NOT go with AMD. At this point in time, the P4 is on top by a substantial margin. A P4 "B" processor coupled with an i850e chipset and some PC1066 RDRAM is top notch, no and's, if's or but's about it.
      Pentium's are a fucking rip off for the slight increase in performance you receive. Plus when the new AMD Hammer's come out, Intel is fucked for life. 32 Bit, man Intel didn't see this coming.
      I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

AMD, how can I put this best.....FUCKING OWNS INTEL ALL THE WAY!
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I can see we have many AMD zealots on this forum.

I am not an Intel zealot, nor am I an AMD zealot. I currently own an AMD powered system because when I wanted to build this machine , AMD was on top. That being said, at this time I would build an Intel machine as Intel is on top. I am not attempting to be a fanboy at all. As a matter of fact, when it comes to PC hardware, I always try to remain as objective as possible. I'm just telling it like it is folks.

Also, since I'll probably be personally helping Justin through the entire building process (in real life that is), my vote counts twice as much as any of yours.

P.S. One more thing to take into consideration is that fact that you can't compare apples to oranges. You cannot mention how the P4 is a ripoff and then discuss the Clawhammer in the same sentence when the two are not even of the same generation, nor were they designed to compete with each other. For Justin's budget, a P4 1.6a is more of a value both performance-wise and money-wise, versus an AthlonXP or Tbred. Look at whatever benchmark(s) you'd like and then try to deny that the P4 platform, on an i850e chipset, with PC1066 RDRAM is not the most powerful combo currently on the market. It's all about bandwidth in today's applications and the P4 with RDRAM delivers more-so than AMD.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            Also Justin, hold off on your processor/motherboard/RAM as long as possible. I'm finally starting to see the Asus P4T533 with 32-bit RDRAM support along with some of the RIMM4200 modules hit the market. From what I gather, this board is very attractive for even the casual overclocker, which I'm sure you'll want to eventually try out with that 1.6a. Hell, if you don't want to do it, I'll do it for you.
            Aight.I was wondering if that ever came out. Time to rework my P4 wishlist once newegg gets it.
            Last edited by Ataris; 07-22-2002, 09:13 PM.
            ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

Intel is only on top if you wish to spend the extra money for the best processor. The fastest AMD is 2200+(1.8ghz) at $210 on pricewatch.com, and the fastest P4, 2.53ghz is $595. An equivilant P4 though, is $226 at 2.2ghz. So for similar performance, it doesn't really matter. If you're willing to pay an extra $400, by all means, go for an Intel. The top RDRAM is more expensive too.

I believe Intel has almost always held the speed crown as long as you were willing to pay for it. Recently though, Intel has closed the price gap between the slower processors with AMD. Price wars are always good, so long as AMD can stay in business.
              -Dantax
              The Internet connects us all,
              The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
              we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
              dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Very good piece of advice whether it was advice or wotver, lolz
                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                cool koen> :)
                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                cool koen> not because of a bug
                EvoLd> Lol
                Treachery> meh
                EvoLd> why then?
                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                EvoLd> LOl
                toaster oven reviews

Comment

vpr Matrix

Ok... I purchased the computer that fits exactly and even more than I wanted.

Before I list the features, I wanted to say that I wasn't looking for something that could run faster than a super-computer or anything...

It has...

Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 1.8GHz, with 400MHz system bus for a powerful CPU-to-memory connection

512MB DDR SDRAM for multitasking power

60.0GB Ultra ATA 100 (7200 rpm) hard drive

16x maximum speed DVD-ROM (48x maximum speed CD-ROM)

40x12x40 CD-RW drive

nVidia GeForce2 graphics card with 32MB SDRAM

AD1981A integrated audio card

10/100 Intel® Pro integrated network card

2 IEEE 1394 ports allow for digital video transfer in real time, plus 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports

15" Samsung Flat Panel Monitor

S300 Canon Printer

Altec Lansing 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece)

All for 1,199.00 + tax...

I thought it was a good steal! It was... right?
                  When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                  -John

Comment

Oh yeah, I also forgot to say that the computer is nice and sleek looking...

The case was designed by porshe.
                    When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                    -John

Comment

Ohh nice computer. Sounds just right for what you wanted. The Samsung flat panels are my personal favorite (well except for the Apple ones that only work for Macs). Nice and easy on the eyes.

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Agreed Epi. Samsung flat panels ROCK. I was under the impression you could get most, if not all, of the Apple flat panels to jive with a PC though.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

nice setup you ahve there. flat screens are out of my range right now
                          ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

ENVY

peep this bitches:

AMD Athlon XP 2100
                            KT3 ULTRA-ARU KT333 RAID
                            512 MB DDR RAM
                            120GB 5400 MAXTOR ATA133
                            MSI GF4 Ti4600 128MB VIVO + DVI
                            SONY GDMFW900 24" screen (gg newbies)
                            DVD/ROM
                            Creative Inspire 5.1 5700 DTS speakers
                            Soundblaster Audigy PLATINUM 5.1 sound card

ez

Comment

Seize, why spend so much on a monitor (a 24" is hellishly expensive) and then only go with a 5.1 soundcard/speaker setup?
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

the soundcard i bougth was the most expensive one at the store i bought my comp from and its awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X