Core exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    Your core? You mean the torso/stomach&chest deal? It's quite easy, charge into things with all of the force you can put into it, its a good idea to use your shoulder or entire upper arm (much like how Wario does it, and look how fucking huge that guy is) you'll probably want to start small with things like people, small trees, and wooden fences, and eventually work your way up to toppling over automobiles, and busting down housing walls, and bigger trees. If you need a challenge, go to California where they have the biggest trees and a healthy assortment of tall buildings for you to work on bringing down with a sudden charge. Hope it helps.
    i thought this post was really funny
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
      I've done a bunch of leg raises too, works the lower parts of the abs quite nicely.

Other than that I do crunches, back extensions and some weird stuff for my obliques.

Squats, deadlifts etc. are nice to build up core stabilization while strengthening the legs, but you have to remember that they're leg excercises, otherwise you'll just break your back.
      I agree, leg raises definately work your abdominals...good point

If you do squats with the ball behind your back, obviously standing away from a wall. The core stabilization comes from the motion itself. By keeping pressure with your back on the fitness ball while doing squats (no weights necessary), it will work the core abdominal muscles. Gotta have balance to have core stability. I see so many new members of all ages with trainers at my gym try this. You'd be amazed at how many couldn't do wall squats without falling to the right or left or have the ball drop from behind there back after 5.

Do it while holding a 10+ lb medicine ball in front of you and a 5 lb. ball between your knees and doing 3 sets of 15 with 5 second breaks between sets. See how good your balance really is. It obviuosly should not wind anyone being such an easy exercise...at least you would think so.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

download 8 minute abs and your good to go

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty
          Kim..

Talk to Pandagirl about this thing... she used to be obsessed about her stomach..

I'm sure she can help you out.
          Haha I've been paged to the thread!

I have a bunch of ab workouts that I do that I got out of a magazine. If you'd like them, PM me and I'll scan them onto the computer. Lots of them are too hard to explain in words

Ab lounges are amazing. You can do tons and tons of sit ups and it won't hurt your back. I babysit for these rich people that have an ab lounge, and as soon as the kids are in bed I use it until they get home.

Other than that, I just do crunches. I normally do about 500 a day unless I'm feeling lazy, in which case I'll only do about 200 or 300.

Broly, what are you talking about? Dyslexic?
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Panda do you have a flat stomach or a 6 pack
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

I used to until I got lazy during the winter. Now that it's getting to be spring/summer I'm going to kick into gear again.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Mayo clinic page

Originally posted by Kim
                Normally I do a lot of cardio work, working the arms and legs, but I can never seem to work anything in my core region. My friend advised me to take up yoga, or learn some quick exercises with the exercise ball. Any people got experience with either, or would just like to comment on good habitual exercises that I can do regularly to shape my core?

Roughly how much time daily must be dedicated to yoga exercises if I were to take it up, pros/cons?
                Don't know about yoga, but there's this:
                http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fitness/SM00103 which has lots of recommendations on core. Also it says that one set of reps per muscle group is enough! WEIRD! B)

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl!
                  You can do tons and tons of sit ups and it won't hurt your back.
                  You only hurt your back if you do not know how to do a sit up. Your back should not even play into it while doing this exercise.

I love seeing people with there hands behind their heads pulling themeselves up by their heads when trying to do a sit up. Object is to work on ab's not your head or back. Only need to concentrate on Ab's and a sit up should not exceed a 20 degree angle....any more than this and your not really using your ab's anymore.

If you do sit up's, get a weight, say a 20lb weight, and hold it to you chest as you do the sit up...will be amazed at how quick the exercise will work for you with results. Plus you won't be pulling your head to achieve the exercise.

Diet!!! STOP DRINKING SOFT DRINKS....Soda Gut! faster to get than drinking beer and getting a beer gut!!!! Drink a few cokes or pepsi's regardless if diet or not, and the sit ups wont help! Now drop the twinkie and give me 50!
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                    Drink a few cokes or pepsi's regardless if diet or not, and the sit ups wont help!
                    Totally depends on if you want to have visible abs or not. And if you want a visible sixpack you are better off doing cardio. Everybody has a sixpack, most are just too fat for it to show.
                    Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I drink soda/pop and other caffeinated drinks pretty much exclusively, and I seem to only lose weight, really fat isn't even about what you eat its more whether or not your metabolism kills it through your body in 10 minutes, thereafter waiting to be pissed/shat (though those take a bit longer, my guess is at 1 or 2 hours for mine) out (or not if you can digest it all completely, which probably always will happen with the stuff since it is so "unhealthy" or whatnot). As far as I know physical activity is the only thing that can help you work towards speed in the metabolic process, but overexerting yourself in strange ways consistently may have negative affects over time on it, or just give you a tract that puts liquids through it instantly and solids through it in a minute, but I doubt this since when it is overworked I believe the body focuses more on the recooperating process than the metabolic process during and after all the activity is occuring.
                      sage

Comment

To get a 6-pack to actually show through, you're going to need a low body fat percentage. Not super low, but I think somewhere around 10-14% body fat ratio.
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Yea, you need to do cardio too. If you don't, you'll have a six pack, but it will be buried under fat. In order to see it, you need to get rid of the fat.

As for hurting your back... maybe that's just me. I have a very bony spine and that's what hurts when I do situps. In gym class we had to do 100 situps (full ones) on the cold, hard floor. My back was bleeding by the time I was done.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

mmmm bleeding near the spinal column, sounds like a very healthy activity and ever so ironically enough goes to prove a point stated in my previous post
                            [edit: though it is different in the two, panda dealt with some physical (possibly internal) abrasion but on the spine, uh that things pretty key to controlling your body, maybe sometimes pain truly isn't worth the gain? after all they never mention that there may also be a subtraction in certain other areas along with this gain, the translation between the two is this, the whole "dieting" thing works on making you deny what your body wants, i guess maybe in a completely activity devoid daily routine it could be beneficial, if you were mega obese in that you simply wouldn't be able to move your body yard or possibly even feet before passing out, but other than that its rather honkey-tonk to do, because I mean surely if anyone knows what your body needs most wouldn't it be you and not you inhibiting yourself off the idea that doing such things will help "carve off the shit" or whatever, in fact, giving the body less supplies to work with on a regular basis can only be seen to put work in slowing it and its entire process down, not speed it up like someone who plans on doing physical activities routinely and possibly increasingly would want instead of the former]
                            Last edited by Richard Creager; 03-19-2006, 12:00 PM.
                            sage

Comment

I'm losing weight really fast... that can be a problem if you want to bulk =P
                              I started drinking a whole thermos of coffee at work - my bloodpressure went up too. I also noticed that I consume a can of pineapple daily.

fuck fat burning products just become a coffee addict =P
                              Originally posted by Diakka
                              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                                Diet!!! STOP DRINKING SOFT DRINKS....Soda Gut! faster to get than drinking beer and getting a beer gut!!!! Drink a few cokes or pepsi's regardless if diet or not, and the sit ups wont help! Now drop the twinkie and give me 50!

:fear:

Comment

Working...
                                X