Japanese Horror Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Horror Movies

So, last night, my gf and I watched Pulse and The Eye 2. Both were really good, and it got me to wondering what other good Japanese horror movies are out there (Daemon and Kim, I'm looking at you).

Pretty much the only ones I've seen are Ringu, Ju-On and Audition (I consider Audition to be of this genre).

Any suggestions would be rad.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Japanese horrors, I don't know many of the more unknown ones, but Suicide Circle and Ichi the Killer are twisted.

I've watched more korean horrors, such as Red Shoes and Face. Some older ones that are good: Tale of two sisters, Acacia, and Uninvited.

Don't watch Red Eye, Phone, or Cello
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

oh my bad, and thanks.

Not to be insensative to any cultures, but I'm gonna broaden the expanse and say asian horror movies.
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Battle Royale for "horror movie" of the year!

not
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

not really horror movies, but:

battle royale - movie about a bunch of kids that get put on an island, each of them gets a weapon, and theyre told the last one alive is the only one allowed off the island

suicide club (i guess the same thing as suicide circle, but if you dont speak japanese i imagine youd want the american version) - movie about a ridiculous amount of kids all killing themselves in crazy ritualistic ways, and every time they do it, these satchels full of human skin made into a rope show up

both of these movies are worth seeing because they are so fucked up, but are relatively terrible cinema objectively
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Oldboy

Comment

the original The Ring is Japanese isn't it?

Comment

I've seen Suicide Club and Battle Royale and neither is really that good.

Also, the original "the Ring" is called Ringu, one of the ones I listed.

Comment

battle royal 2 is the funniest (if you have a mind that can enjoy and laugh at really bad movies) movie ever
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I wouldn't really call it a horror but it's scary as fuck: Darkwater
                    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

A Film You Really Must See: The Audition
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0235198/

Comment

There's a move called "Missed Call" or something like that.

It's about people getting a call from themselves, or missing a phonecall from themselves, then they end up dying.

Comment

The Audition is one fucked up movie that, while doesn't make any sense, you can't turn away from.

I'm still trying to find Oldboy and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Really looking forward to seeing those two.

Comment

Working...
                          X