X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill was so badass.

LB's take on this movie-

it was awesome, 8.5 / 10

This movie was amazing. The sets, music and sounds gave this horror film a level you won't see in Saw II or Freddy vs. Jason, this is some hardcore old-school good horror. The creatures were creepy as fuck, and they came in at wonderful times/ were introduced in kickass ways. Pyramid head fucking ROCKED THE HOUSE, he dominated the screen for the short time that he was on. The camera work was beautiful and the editing was top-notch. CGI work was detailed and very creative, and the story was put together nicely and told in an interesting way. It has it's cliches (young creepy girl, religious aftertones, etc) , but it still has enough originality to keep things fresh. There is gore and blood, but it's not over the top, there is just enough to make you go "HOLY SHIT". Most of the "what the fuck???!!!" factor comes from the creatures and the situations, not from the gore.

My only gripes were some of the acting (can't be helped) and how the movie ended, but maybe I wouldn't mind the ending so much if I played the videogames. I can't stress enough about that music though, someone needs to win a fucking award for that soundtrack. And those sirens...holy shit you have to see this movie.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

If it's out, i really want to see it. the trailer kind of throws off what it's about.. but when that little girl goes "I am the reaper" that was godlike.

Comment

i'm going to see it in a couple hours, i hope you're right about the gore though, i don't mind lots and lots, But sometimes i'm am just absolutely disgusted by it. Did you see "These Hills Have Eyes"? man that movie was fucking GROSS.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

lmao, dont lie, you got scared!

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
          Pyramid head fucking ROCKED THE HOUSE, he dominated the screen for the short time that he was on.
          Tell me about this guy. I don't think I could take this movie seriously with a monster named Pyramid head in it... it reminds me too much of the villain from Minoriteam.

Comment

I heard it was the dumbest movie around and noone should ever see it. It looks to me like one of those movies that tries to scare you with the technique of a sudden loud noise and giant face infront of the screen.
            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

they need to stop making movies based on video games

it's bad enough when they make video games based on movies
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulO
                Tell me about this guy. I don't think I could take this movie seriously with a monster named Pyramid head in it... it reminds me too much of the villain from Minoriteam.
                http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/ima...0021545536.jpg

He's not pivotal to the plot of the movie, but apparentally is very important in SH2- they threw him in for the fanboys in this movie. He's not on the screen alot, but when he is, holy fuck. He wears an apron of skin, carries around a huge buster-like sword (think Cloud from FF7, only badass) and as you can tell by the name, has a giant pyramid-shaped object as a helmet, I don't know what his face looks like. I won't spoil what he does in the movie or why he is in SH2, but he's just awesome as fuck.

Originally posted by Hero
                I heard it was the dumbest movie around and noone should ever see it. It looks to me like one of those movies that tries to scare you with the technique of a sudden loud noise and giant face infront of the screen.
                Throw out all ideas about the shitty horror movies you've seen in the past few years. Throw out the ring, throw out FvJ (comedy moreso than horror), throw out whatever movie you might have seen that uses the technique you're talking about. This movie is on a whole other level of scary. Honestly it's not going to make you piss your pants and keep you awake when you get home (unless you're a pussy, I fought 3 bears and an undead pirate when I got home)- but it has so much creepy shit that it's just fucking unbelievable. I found out today that the soundtrack was made by the same guy who did the soundtrack for the movie, and no surprise because it fits perfectly with the atmosphere. They don't suddenly throw giant faces in front of the screen or use random loud noises, they use creepy as fuck monsters, music and atmoshpere to keep you on edge.

Originally posted by Jason
                they need to stop making movies based on video games

it's bad enough when they make video games based on movies
                I'd tend to agree with you, unless they started making more movies like this one. This is one of the few videogame/comic--> movie transitions besides Batman Begins that I actually liked. It's worth the 9, 10 dollars that you pay, this get's LB's seal of approval.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I've played and finished Silent Hill 1 and 2, and watched this movie with my friends last Friday. I thought it was alright, not great, not bad either. It wasn't even scary, some parts I actually yawned. Most of the things were inaccurate, i wont go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything, and I thought pyramid head would play a main part in this movie. I was disappointed at that. However I still give the director props for making a movie for one of my favorite games, but it could of been better.

7/10 from me
                  http://www.soundcloud.com/eklecticism

1:dald> whos lebron
                  1:dald> what squad he on

Comment

I fought 3 bears and an undead pirate when I got home
                    I didn't realize you played WoW

Comment

fuck WoW, EQ2 rocks the house

Phife Dog rocks the house
                      Q-tip Rocks the House

Comment

If it ain't from Asia, it ain't gonna scare me!
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahkoreanshha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahchinahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajapanhahahahahahah ahsushiahahahahahahahahahahahamongoliahahhahahahah ahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahah ahaahahvietnamahahahahahaaahahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                            I didn't realize you played WoW
                            I have an account that I made awhile ago but I realized somewhere along the line that the game is boring as shit. I used to log in and use the game as a break from animating, but I haven't done that (or logged in) in almost 2 months. MMO's aren't appealing to me anymore.

And dur dur dur, those bears and pirates were REAL. Well I dunno if undead counts as real, but that's ok Paul, when zombie lumberjack ducks come to invade your town, I don't want to hear you go " Oh shits, where's LB when I need him??"

Although I'll probably show up out of nowhere with a toothbrush and a hammer (oldboy ftw) and be ready to kick ass.

Comment

I have an account that I made awhile ago but I realized somewhere along the line that the game is boring as shit. I used to log in and use the game as a break from animating, but I haven't done that (or logged in) in almost 2 months. MMO's aren't appealing to me anymore.

And dur dur dur, those bears and pirates were REAL. Well I dunno if undead counts as real, but that's ok Paul, when zombie lumberjack ducks come to invade your town, I don't want to hear you go " Oh shits, where's LB when I need him??"

Although I'll probably show up out of nowhere with a toothbrush and a hammer (oldboy ftw) and be ready to kick ass.
                              yea, I.....uh *word that rhymes with Morrent'd* that movie last week. That was a hella good film.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X