Buying a PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a PSP

OK hello im new (not really new, just new name)

K, im thiking bout investing in a PSP, will probably buy it from argos, for about £150 quid, but get discount bla bla bla

Firstly, im thinking about buying a 2gb memory card, this one from ebuyer, http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/UK/product/1...rb/18933050483

Will this work on the psp, and can i just download games of the internet, and put them straight on to the memory card and play them, with no problems??

Also what kind of USB connection does the psp, is it just standard like on most digital cameras?

k thats all for now!

Please respond asap, oh and is it worth getting a case/pouch for it???

Any info will help me!

It will work since it says 'PRO DUO' that's all you need to know. That's probably the exact card I have that works on my PSP.

You can download games but you won't be able to play them out-of-the-box. You have to hack it first which these days I don't know if it's possible since they may come with updated firmware (that you can't hack). This bit I'm not updated about really.

The USB connection is the camera one yeah. It should come with one anyway.

Don't really need to get a case for it unless you're gonna really throw it around. Just get a screen protector (sticky but removable piece of plastic that gives on top of the screen). That is essential and you should apply it ASAP, e.g. just as you take it out of the box.

Comment

For firmware 2.0 and above you will need a copy of GTA in order to do anything homebrew I believe. And supposedly even then it is more limited than if you were an early adopter/lucky and got 1.5 firmware.
      sage

Comment

is it worth me spending and extra 60 quid to get a firewarm 1.5 version?

can i then put iso games straight onto it?

Comment

You would have to do some research to see exactly what the limitations are on the later firmwares to see if it warrants the extra money, or wait until Nockm says something about it. I don't own a PSP so I don't know in depth the specifics what works and what doesn't between the 1.5 and 2+.
          sage

Comment

If you can get a 1.5 it is well worth the extra money. With 2.01+ you can't play any downloaded UMD games at all. I know all this because I was going to get a PSP and researched it, but decided against it afterwards.
            sdg

Comment

i settled on
              PSP

Good deal???

Comment

Working...
              X