Infantry Online (free open server)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry Online (free open server)

Anyone familiar or remember the old glory days of Infantry Online?

Sometime in the late 1990s, now-defunct Virgin Interactive Entertainment (VIE) began to develop a game called Sniper; later renamed SubSpace. It has been speculated SubSpace was one of the major causes of VIE's bankruptcy. As the project was free for many years, it was a drain on the company's resources with no actual income. Some of the developers of SubSpace bonded together to form Harmless Games LLC. They developed a new game engine; the project was named Infantry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantr...mputer_game%29

Infantry Online is the next step from Subspace//Continuum to next level of ss type gaming.

Back in 1990s, Infantry Online became quite popular with server populations of thousands playing online. After Sony purchased Harmless Games and later on, introduced P2P. The game went downhill all the way, making many players leaving Infantry Online.

Now Infantry Online is back and free on a non-Sony server which all can play for free.

Please visit
    http://infantry.narr.ws/phpbb2 for all details about the free Infantry Online and how to download and get started.

Hope to see you there.

You can see the influance of subspace

edit: with influance I mean you can see that it is an 'improved' version of subspace... wtf nothing can be more improved then subspace :O
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

YES.

Infantry is amazing. I only started playing SS because Infantry went pay-to-play.
      sdg

Comment

WOW, downloading right now...

I remember when i was in liek 4th grade my friend showed me this, then Cosmic Rift came with it and i asked some random guy how he got so good, and he said SubSpace.. so i went back to www.mpogd.com and DL'ed SubSpace, and vwalah: ThiX

Comment

If we can do TW on Infantry, I'm there.
          DELETED

Comment

Hmm? I've been following the free server for a while now...

Hope to see some of you guys there.
            U Got Qylled?

Yes it's pronounced "kill"

Comment

I've known for quite a while, but I kind of dislike how Infantry's zone dls are so long (or at least longer much longer than SS). After that it's okay.
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

i tried DLing the zone after spending a half hour trying to get a name to work.. and the zone said "20 minuts remaining" so i went and watched a TV show for 20 minutes, came back and it said "2 hours remaining" so i gave up on Infantry, it had a good run unless i can get someone to help me i won't be playing again

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX
                  i tried DLing the zone after spending a half hour trying to get a name to work.. and the zone said "20 minuts remaining" so i went and watched a TV show for 20 minutes, came back and it said "2 hours remaining" so i gave up on Infantry, it had a good run unless i can get someone to help me i won't be playing again
                  2hrs?

That's pretty crazy... It only takes me 2 minutes to download a zone.

Comment

i dont get how you play so i dont want to
                    Originally posted by turmio
                    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                    Originally posted by grand
                    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WILL BUG HUNT OR TWIN PEAKS BE THERE? :wub:

EDIT: It sucked bad, but at least they retained some of Subspace:

:grin:
                      Last edited by Nycle; 06-18-2006, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Infantry Online sucks. I'm sad to say that I paid for access for a month once. I played it for a while and decided it was too hard and never played again.

A lot of the commands and layout are strikingly similar to SubSpace though.
                        -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

Infantry was a LOT better before they started charging to play it.

Too bad these free servers don't have my favorite map: Skirmish Classic (or whatever they call it now).
                          sdg

Comment

They don't have Hardcore, the only zone that had a challenge, and no one even plays Twin Peaks... not worth it... SS lives!

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                              They don't have Hardcore, the only zone that had a challenge, and no one even plays Twin Peaks... not worth it... SS lives!
                              Twin peaks? There were many people playing it today. Atleast 40 in the pub1 arena.

As for skirmish, the closest thing is Frontlines which plays quite similar to Skirmish mode.

lol its too hard so you won't play it? Not to be mean but you sound like a wuss there.

Comment

Working...
                              X