Superman Returns (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Returns (SPOILERS)

Movie ruled. I saw it at 10PM last night, and it was so kick ass I'm going to see it in 3d soon.

So how about that illegitimate child eh?
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
    Movie ruled. I saw it at 10PM last night, and it was so kick ass I'm going to see it in 3d soon.

So how about that illegitimate child eh?
    Guy in the Toronto Star gave it 2.5 stars and called it "The Passion of the Superman" I don't pay attention to that dumbass though. It's all about Rotten Tomatoes, which has it at 78% at the moment.

Comment

I never really liked Superman, Im not sure about this one.
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
        Guy in the Toronto Star gave it 2.5 stars and called it "The Passion of the Superman" I don't pay attention to that dumbass though. It's all about Rotten Tomatoes, which has it at 78% at the moment.
        The Star uses a 4-point scale, so a 2.5 isn't as low as it sounds (it's still not 78% though). I don't like the Star's reviews; they usually underrate the films that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
          The Star uses a 4-point scale, so a 2.5 isn't as low as it sounds (it's still not 78% though). I don't like the Star's reviews; they usually underrate the films that I like.
          It's one of those movies that most everyone is going to see regardless of reviews. I was just hoping for zero letdowns. A 154 minute runtime is pretty brutal I think, especially if there is a lot of philosophical rhetoric. I don't know if there is, but I'm guessing the film gets really preachy based on reviews so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
            It's one of those movies that most everyone is going to see regardless of reviews. I was just hoping for zero letdowns. A 154 minute runtime is pretty brutal I think, especially if there is a lot of philosophical rhetoric. I don't know if there is, but I'm guessing the film gets really preachy based on reviews so far.
            I personally love those movies. Lord of The Rings as an example. Everyone though it was way too long, and I was still sitting there like 'bu bu but, they left out Tom!' I think a good movie is meant to be long, gives much more time to establish the layers, and plot twists that makes a classic. Star Wars movies were always pretty long. Godfather movies were long. All my favourite movies seem to be longer ones.

Anyone else dying to see Pirates 2? Looks like it won't fall short of the first, touch wood.

Hello Jack.
            Elizabeth!!
            -turns-
            hide the rum..

:grin:
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
              I personally love those movies. Lord of The Rings as an example. Everyone though it was way too long, and I was still sitting there like 'bu bu but, they left out Tom!' I think a good movie is meant to be long, gives much more time to establish the layers, and plot twists that makes a classic. Star Wars movies were always pretty long. Godfather movies were long. All my favourite movies seem to be longer ones.

Anyone else dying to see Pirates 2? Looks like it won't fall short of the first, touch wood.

Hello Jack.
              Elizabeth!!
              -turns-
              hide the rum..

:grin:
              The difference is the Lord of the Rings was a series of lengthy novels and Superman Returns has a plot line you could fit inside a 60 page comic book :P

And yes I am dying to see Pirates 2. Johnny Depp is the greatest actor of our generation.

Comment

I thought the movie was excellent; by far the best I've seen this year. It's not as good as Superman but better than Superman II and wayyyyyyyyy better than the abominations that are III and IV.

It wasn't very preachy either. I can see how one would expect it to get preachy about justice and all that shit but it's no more preachy than the original. The only thing was the Lois Lane love affair thing was really played up - but then again it was like that in the first one as well. Spacey was a good Lex but not as good as Hackman. Routh did a great job, again not as good as Reeve though. The guy that played Jimmy was very good and Bosworth did pretty well herself. Most impressive I would say are Jimmy and Kitty.

As far as the length I didn't feel it was too bad - and I'm a stickler for movie lengths. I liked LOTR alright (no where near as well as the books which also aren't the best books ever either) but the length is a constant deterrent from replay. This movie is paced well and doesn't drag like LOTR does. Well perhaps at the end it's a bit dramatized and dragged out but it's bearable.

Overall, 3.5 stars (out of 4).

Comment

alot of people i know irl bitched about x3 not having bryan singer direct and said they couldn't wait for superman, and then said superman sucked anyways.

at first i thought "wow these guys must be awesome movie critics", until upon further dialogue it was revealed that "the movie didn't even show how superman came to earth, they just leave you hanging"

i loved it

my only complaint: seriously, i had to read up on wikipedia to figure out that superman went UNDER the kryptonite-ish landmass, to earth's actual crust, so he was able to lift it and not die. i mean, in retrospect, that seems perfectly logical and i feel dumb for typing this, but i'm not gonna lie - i was confused. perhaps they could have explained it a bit better
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I feel the same way, Jerome. That bothered me when I saw it - especially when you could see the kryptonite coming through the land mass as he gets it into space. I just assumed he was able to do it because he eye-lasered the mass and then didn't puss out (which would also explain why he "died"). I didn't bother to look it up so it's good to know that; now I'm wondering how the kryptonite got through the earth's core to reach Superman if he indeed dug deep enough. Oh well, suspension of disbelief.

Comment

Actually, that bugged me too. I understand he went under the worlds crust, but i mean the kryptonite was right there and stuff.
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Well he got all super charged infront of the sun before he did it and went straight to work.

Btw: happy to see Cyclops getting another job after being... Cyclops.
                        DELETED

Comment

The movie is a bit on the slow side, for me at least.

Superman is a camera hoe, always poses in front of the lens.

Lois Lane is a liar, lied about the child, about her love towards superman and lied about how her husband was treating her.

And why couldn't they figure out that Clark was superman, how much more obvious does that have to be??

I would gave it 6.5 out 10.
                          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
                            And why couldn't they figure out that Clark was superman, how much more obvious does that have to be??
                            It's part of the running joke in the series. The kid realized it but "maturity" and "disbelief" shrouds the eyes of the others from believing that Clark, this dweeb, could be Superman.

Comment

The main reason they never put two and two together and realize his secret is because most people don't even consider that Superman would have a secret identity. He doesn't wear a mask, and he operates more out in the open than most other superheroes do, so in the eyes of the public, he's got nothing to hide. He's also so much physically stronger than regular humans that people don't consider the possibility that he would try to pass as one of them. I mean, think about it: if you were Superman and had his powers, would you bother to have a day job?

Comment

Working...
                              X