Scientology on YTMND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scientology on YTMND

Now, for the most part, pages on YTMND are funny, silly, stupid, or just weird. Some have other messages, like these:

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ (View First)
    http://theunfunnysequel.ytmnd.com/ (View Second)

The setup, music and message make them appear/sound like a 9/11 conspiracy theory. Just curious what other people might think about Scientology after viewing these?
    Last edited by Fit of Rage; 06-28-2006, 08:45 PM.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

The first movie and it's 'references' are as sketchy as scientology itself.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Both recieved 1 star from me from the day they were put up, it's all interesting, but it's not YTMND material nor do I like the idea of YTMND turning these types of things into horrible horrible HORRIBLE fads (which it did, and Max even put up a Scientology portion of the website), fads of which outside-YTMNDers view and don't understand or find unfunny because they don't understand or haven't seen the original YTMND that started the fad.... which I think really takes away from some of the incredibly hillarious material and hard work that is put up there.

To the topic at hand, more and more cases against Scientology are turning in favor of the non-scientologists, especially in cases where people are downright sueing the organization for destroying their lives. You all should really watch some of the videos found at this website:
      http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/Vault/

Scientology is a cult, hands down. I don't question their beliefs, people can believe whatever they want, why should I care? But the way they carry out this belief system is what's wrong here. They steal many people who join of their lives, and no organization like that should be allowed to exist.

EDIT: Fit of Rage included the (view portion of his sentence in the second link, just erase that part to view.
      Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 06-28-2006, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah just saw that, fixed and thanks.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I never really knew what to think probably because I never heard of it before I saw the first one a while back, the second one (after watching it now) just outlines the main point. In all, it doesn't affect me, so I couldn't care less.
          Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
          -Buddha

Comment

Uhh...for the movies, I kind of got freaked out.

Right at the part where they start talking about Lisa McPheron or something dying, they have this spooky music playing and i closed my window immediately.

Someone tell me what's after it?

Comment

That's a little freaky - but you wonder how credible the sources are. You also need to take into consideration that it's propaganda. Of course they're going to highlight and maybe even fabricate some stuff about Scientology.

But yea, we all know it's wack.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Send
                Uhh...for the movies, I kind of got freaked out.

Right at the part where they start talking about Lisa McPheron or something dying, they have this spooky music playing and i closed my window immediately.

Someone tell me what's after it?
                At first I thought something was gonna pop up and scream so I turned down the music and just read. It was kinda boring.

There's nothing bad after, Send. Just some more info about people dying and stuff.

Comment

Actually the first couple of facts are by my knowledge true, the rest I didn't bother researching yet at least.... there have been many ongoing cases, and a few of those documents were actual evidence for a lot of cases, documented by the FBI.

Comment

that skin being burned off by the boiling hot bath water was a bit sick though.
                    sigpic
                    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
                      At first I thought something was gonna pop up and scream so I turned down the music and just read. It was kinda boring.

There's nothing bad after, Send. Just some more info about people dying and stuff.
                      LOL yeah. Thanks to that original scream face so long ago, I am skeptical of EVERY flash movie that comes out these days.... stupid scream face.
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

sage
                        Last edited by Richard Creager; 02-27-2007, 12:58 AM.
                        sage

Comment

They must be filthy rich which Tom Cruise's donations.
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Another Scintillating Gem From Galleleo

Originally posted by Galleleo
                            They must be filthy rich which (sic) Tom Cruise's donations.
                            they were doing ok before that
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Through dealing with my own problems I've become a passing expert in psychology over the years. Out of curiosity I visited the Scientology site, read through all the info and filled out their fairly lengthy questionaire. As someone who has filled out many psychological questionaires in the past 5 years I can say the Scientology one is complete crap. Any sane person will end up in their "unhealthy" area. "Do you ever worry about how you come across to other people?" what the fuck kind of question is that? Only someone like Tom Cruise would answer no. If anyone has seen the South Park episode regarding Scientology, take half a step back from how they portrayed it and you are dead on.

Scientology is a religion that claims to be an alternative to established medical practices. Helping people with their interpersonal relationships is fine, but don't sue the medical community because you don't think psychological disorders should be treated with medication. Refusing pain medication to women giving birth is cruel. Refusing proper treatment for serious psychological disorders, now that's bordering on criminal negligence and right up their with spiritual healing and leeches in terms of proven results.

Comment

Working...
                              X