Off to School?! - mission(s) course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to School?! - mission(s) course

I'm very excited, I've applied to my current school I was at last year. This time I'm going to study on the mission(s) course. It will be a 2 year course, I really have high hopes on this. If I get in and it is the Lord's willing, I might even study a extra year. With the extra year, I would become a minister/priest of mission. The decision will be made tomorrow, if I may enter the school at the coming semester/autumm.

It have been like over a month since I hade my interview about applying to school. Been a long waiting period, seems like everyday has been like a week, while a week like a year, while this month like a decade. Since it is a big step in my life, it has been awfully stressful. And I have it hard to even think what I should do if I don't get in.

Considering the event later this year, about the girl I had feelings for. I'm cool with that now, I've been released from those chains. I don't know, but some may remember my thread about this. ^^ Anyways, she will be at my class and everything is all green with her, no problems or whatsoever. We are even able to talk to eachother normally, which is great. Also if the Lord is willing, I might even get lucky on the women front. D:

So basically everything is set, motivation, relationships, aparement, economy and desire. If I don't get in, it will be the worst most harsh hit ever in my life, even more worse then the first time when I got seriously heartbroken. So lets hope for the best, you bet I've been praying about this. Also many other has been praying about this, since I have asked. Possibly over 15+ persons have been praying about it. Its still stressful and hard.. >_>

Alright, I'll inform you later what the result was.. if you are intrested.
    Just thought I'd share abit of my life, since I often do that on these boards..
    Endless space, endless exploration.

Why tell people about christianity if they don't ask for it?

and ps. God doesn't want you to get a woman.
    jee

Comment

I think the idea of missions is more bringing it to where it doesn't exist or isn't established than it is forcing it down throats of people that don't want it.

As for your second statement, it's the church organization that doesn't want him to get a woman, but only if he's an ordained priest. Unless of course God specifically told you he doesn't 1ight to get one, in which case you might want to consider a clerical position yourself.
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

the minute you tell someone there is only one set of morals to follow, the closer they are to adapting yours

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
          I think the idea of missions is more bringing it to where it doesn't exist or isn't established than it is forcing it down throats of people that don't want it.

As for your second statement, it's the church organization that doesn't want him to get a woman, but only if he's an ordained priest. Unless of course God specifically told you he doesn't 1ight to get one, in which case you might want to consider a clerical position yourself.
          what happened to the distort i knew and love.
          D1ST0RTGATE DAMNIT I WAS -THERE-!
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Any religious institution that calls their ministers priests or reverend can not be trusted to provide Truth over Tradition.
            A priest is a meditator between God and man and since the crucifixion, the Holy Spirit is the mediator for everyone that believes. The Holy Spirit gives each believer a direct line to the Father. As far as the title of Reverend, 'no man is to be revered above another man.' All men (people - including the 'virgin' Mary [had at least 5 children after Jesus]) are sinners.

Celibacy is a Catholic thing that goes back before the Catholic church converted to Christianity. Before Constantine, it was the 'Mysteries' religion which originated about the time surrounding the Tower of Babel. It is the 'Mysteries' religion where we get the traditions we know today as: Celibacy for priests, Convents for nuns, purgatory, confessionals, infallible popes & pontiffs, the weekly eucharist (eating the wafer- for the goddes Ceres),
            the feast of assumption (assuming Mary ascended into heaven like Jesus - not true - taken from the mythology of persephone), Lent (originally called Castus - to lament for the fallen god Bacchus/Dionysus/Tahmurs/Tammuz/Adonis/Balder - same god, region determined the name used.) Easter - originally the festival of Ishtar, the fertility goddess (eggs and bunnies), Christmas - originally Saturnalia to the Romans and the festival of Bacchus for the Greeks. Elements of symbolism for the celebration included the 'yule log', the mistle-toe and the decorated tree in the home.

Hell as it's commonly understood is another tradition of the pagans - to the god Moloch

Origins of Catholicism
            Last edited by HeavenSent; 07-09-2006, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I pray you dont get in
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
              1:waven> is if im going to prison
              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89
                I pray you dont get in
                Well did you pray?

I got in, I got to know it yesterday, I'm so reliefed right now. Tremendous amount of joy! For you whom don't know, I belong to the freechurch/vapaakirkko/fria missionskyrkan.

Blood: "Why tell people about christianity if they don't ask for it?"
                Because the love of Jesus drives me. It is because of the love of Christ that I want to preach/tell people about the gospel of Jesus. By words and by acts.

1.Cor 7:1-2
                "1 Now about the questions you asked in your letter. Yes, it is good to live a celibate life. 2 But because there is so much sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman should have her own husband."
                1. Cor 7:7
                "For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that."

Paulus talks about that everyone has his own gifts given from God. And the one Paulus is at this point refering to is a gift from God, that with the grace of God and by the power of God a man/woman can widstand this sexual immorality. In other words, don't have any needs to be sexually pleased and is able to live alone in celebacy.

God, has never spoken to me about this. I know I'm a person that does not have this gift of God. But why is Paulus saying it is good for a man to live a celbate life? Well, the thing is you don't need to worry about many things a marriage gives. But he also says, because of needs, every man should have his own wife and every woman have her own husband. This meant to those whom are not able to widthstand the sexual immorality, who does not have the supernatural power given by God, to live a celabate life.

1. Cor 7:8-9
                "Now I say to those who aren't married and to widows-it's better to stay unmarried, just as I am. 9 But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust."

When I go on mission as a missionair or minister of mission, to a different country, I'm surely not going to smack the bible at everyones head and force them into believing in Jesus Christ. As it is a personal choice in ones life to listen and to take. The belief in Jesus Christ is something personal, as I've many times said. And it is a personal choice in one's life.

Anyways, one dream I have is to go to some asian country where the Lord is willing me to go to, if His plan is to send me to asian country. Anyways that is my hearts desire. And my dream is to help orphans, those whom been rejected and thrown to street, those whom feel unwanted and live on the streets. To help them and give them a loving home.

And as you may know, in your life, there are many people that does not approve Christianity, Christians. Even people whom might take their lives because of their belief in Jesus Christ. I'm no exception. Would you go, to a different country, beyond your understanding, getting to know their culture and adept to it, become one of them, risk your life because of your belief since you want to help people and give them the love of Christ?

Anyways, its coffeebreak and I still very happy that I got into the school!
                Ty for your intrest!
                Last edited by 1ight; 07-10-2006, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on the course but I doubt I'd ever lead a celibate life. The way I see it is God created sex and wants us to enjoy it (with one woman of course), not avoid it.

Comment

you know that celibacy means no masterbation as well :P

Personally i think thats unhealthy (no masterbation or sex).

Would you leave your small children with a priest?
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                      you know that celibacy means no masterbation as well :P

Personally i think thats unhealthy (no masterbation or sex).

Would you leave your small children with a priest?
                      I don't know if you actually read what I posted earlier, if you didn't, then please do. And it is very streotypical to think that every priest on earth lives in celibacy. Actually I think only catholics do this. And I for one, do not consider catholism to be Christianity, you can read about this on www.moriel.org.

I don't really know where you got the idea, that I would live in celibacy or the idea that a priest lives in celibacy. Since that is false information. If you read my previous post, where I take up the topic about celibacy or in overall marriage. Only a small scratch on the surface though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ight
                        And I for one, do not consider catholism to be Christianity, you can read about this on www.moriel.org
                        I remember when everyone went off on me for saying that once.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl!
                          I remember when everyone went off on me for saying that once.
                          Well, if someone would, I'd suggest they would read about catholicism on http://www.moriel.org/discern/catholicism.htm & http://www.moriel.org/discernment.htm. ^^
                          Last edited by 1ight; 07-11-2006, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Good luck, and you have my prayers. Depending on where you go, it could be quite a struggle.
                            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                            TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
                              Good luck, and you have my prayers. Depending on where you go, it could be quite a struggle.
                              Thank you brother in Christ, I know it will be struggle, hehe, but I'm looking forward for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X