(Sympathy for) Lady Vengeance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Sympathy for) Lady Vengeance

I've watched Old Boy twice before, and its awesome. Possibly the best korean movie made to date, and very hard to top. Lady Vengeance uses the similar theme where a person is framed for something they did not do, serves the jail time, and upon release from jail, hatches their revenge plan. I thought this movie was good, in a fresh sense. Female lead Lee Young-Ae (star from Jewel of the Palace or Dae jang geum) totally changed her persona around and really showed how much depth she has as a top actress. I thought that one of the better things they had going for the movie were the cameos, especially if you have watched the predecessors to this 3-part installment directed by Park Jang-Wook. The ending makes you think JUST A LITTLE BIT, definitely not as much of a cliffhanger as in Old Boy, who's ending interpretation can still be debated. She did a good job creeping me out more and more as the story progressed, and I was not tired of her character one bit.

I give this movie 3.5 pikachu clocks out of a possible 4, highly recommended.

P.S. Cool thing about this 3 part series is that none of them are directly related. If you watched it from Lady Vengeance, to Old Boy, then to Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, it would bring about its own flavor, possibly better than if you went 1-2-3, because 4 out of 5 people I have heard their opinions about this 3 part series is that the first one is even better than Old Boy, so by watching from 3-2-1, it only gets better.

P.P.S extreme violence with "digestable" gore.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Oh I also must add that this movie is fuckin hilarious at times, which is kind of difficult for its genre. Something else to look forward to.

Here's the pic on the dvd

♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

kim.. from your signature, avatar, and overall love of the asian woman, i belive you are a member of JAVtalk forums. :grin:
      LA

Comment

and as far as your sig is concerned necro, syringe kinda rhymes with orange
        6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
        3 league vet

Comment

Thx for thread killing PHRENITTLE!
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

I've seen all of Park Chan-Wook's films (even his short in 3 Extremes), and Lady Vengance was my least favorite of the trilogy. Oldboy was unique, and truly revolutionary for its genre, and Sympathy for Mr. Vengance was a phenomanal look at the duality of human nature (how we can forgive, and seek revenge). But Lady Vengance seemed....well, it seemed like an arthouse flick that had the same elements of the last two movies without the flair. In Oldboy and Sympathy, there were main characters I felt empathy for. They were characters that I wanted to succeed. Everyone wanted Oh-Dae-Su to get revenge for those 15 years, while at the same time trying to figure out why he was imprisoned in the first place. Sympathy was amazing, because I felt myself siding and feeling sorry for both the mute, and the father of the little girl, to the point where I actually saw myself comitting both actions (the kidnapping, and the murder in the river). But, in Lady Vengance, the motive, at least for me, was not as strong, and the characters were not as likable. It's still a good film, and Park Chan-Wook is still one of the best directors in the world, and this is by no means a bad film....hell, I wouldn't call it less than good, but for Chan-Wook, it's only average.

All that said, Ji-tae Yu is awesome in his role, yet again, as the main bad guy.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

She looks familiar :< i dont remember where though...hmmm
              >^________^<!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn
                She looks familiar :< i dont remember where though...hmmm

=D 大长今
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                X