No announcement yet.

Working out in a gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy and I go to the gym on Tuesdays and Fridays, my workout takes about 30 minutes, 40 including warmup run and stretch. I do a full body routine (squats, bench, deadlift, preacher curls, mill. press etc). I do only one set of each with 8-12 reps depending on the exercise, but I do each workout until complete failure. For example, if I'm doing squats, I lift the amount that on the 9th or 10th rep when I go down for another, I litteraly cannot finish the lift. This is why it's good to have a friend go with you that's about your size so he can help you get the bar up (that sounded pretty homoerotic didn't it?).

It's called HIT training, it's a tried and true method that has worked for me so far. I've put on 5 pounds on my bench and squat a week so far and I've been lifting for 6 weeks straight with this method. I've gained 10 pounds so far (but I actually look more slim than I did last year at this time)! Sundays and Mondays I go for a run, which usually goes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how I feel.

I haven't been in this great of shape since my senior year of highschool track, I'm absolutely loving it!

Comment

Going to failure on each set will get your nervous system overtrained. Also it reduces testosterone levels! (I guess that's why you got married? )
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

does anyone read?

I said I am doing arms, I just don't need any one of you to tell me good workouts for it, cause I already know them.

Thats why i asked for WORKOUTS for legs and abs
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Limping series

BRING ON THE PAIN!
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
            Also it reduces testosterone levels!
            Link to source please.

Haha, I wish I could blame marriage on that, but I only started this training 6 weeks ago

Originally posted by Miku19
            Going to failure on each set will get your nervous system overtrained.
            It's quite a bit easier to overtrain when you're lifting to failure yes, but there's NO reason it has to happen if you workout correctly and in a small enough timeframe.

Comment

workout

Originally posted by Chao.
              You know not go more than 3 or 4 times a week right?

Depends on how hard of a workout..

Comment

Working...
              X