Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your imput on this. Strictly for ppl in college.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blast

You mention girls a lot when it comes to impetus for joining a frat, but the truth is, the girls that hang around frat houses are drug-seeking sluts. And while I really don't have a lot against that, a lot of the girls around the house were actually pretty cool, the more you hang around with girls like that, the less likely you'll be to find an actual meaningful relationship.
    Girls hang around frats for alcohol, parties, and maybe drugs. I doubt theyre sluts, but theyre definetely there for selfish reasons. I don't agree with LPE's legacy program (legacy is where there are girls that want to participate in the frat's social/other events, but are not directly involved with the frat in any other way) I think they are every bit as dedicated to the social and charitable events as the frat is. Theyre there to help out and promote asian pride and uphold the ideals of the frat. check them out at http://www.clubs.psu.edu/legacy/main.htm

Additionally, I think you've had some bad experiences with that particular branch of ZBT. I had a great experience because of the fact I was friends with one of the brothers before and after he became a Zebe (he was the one that started taking me to events). He was a freshman, and he was loving every minute of ZBT until he got caught for public drunkeness and his parents forced him to quit. Yes - you can quit ZBT after you accept the bid. Moreover, he never told me he had troubles with the program or the required study times (for new members). And yes - we were both freshman and I was never told i couldn't drop by the ZBT house by myself or if i were to take a few friends. But then again, they were never as welcoming towards me as LPE, and i still dont know the names of all the zebes.

However, i think the conditions at Tulane differ significantly, maybe with more people taking part in frats. I want to take part in a frat to better myself, to learn more about brotherhood and philanthropy and so on, and the girls and booze just happens to be something that comes along with it.
    I dont think joining a fraternity will make you any more "cooler" than you are. A frat isn't supposed to be a place where you can hide your insecurities or where you can pretend to be someone youre not. You want to join a fraternity because of what you can LEARN from it. Thats what i firmly believe in, and thats why i'm leaning towards LPE. And once again, i will not replace my old friends with my fraternity. Sure ill be a "brother" but ill still have my "friends."
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Fraternities are so amazingly homoerotic. PJ hit the nail on the head when he said that you're basically paying money to hang out with people and get booze. If you can't make friends on your own, then yeah, I guess it is a good idea. I can't imagine that "close-knit community" bullshit that is grounded in monetary fees and hazing.

European kids are less gay for not having Fraternities.

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
        A frat isn't supposed to be a place where you can hide your insecurities or where you can pretend to be someone youre not. You want to join a fraternity because of what you can LEARN from it. Thats what i firmly believe in, and thats why i'm leaning towards LPE. And once again, i will not replace my old friends with my fraternity. Sure ill be a "brother" but ill still have my "friends."

Stop lying to yourself.

Comment

xxx
          Last edited by Blast; 01-29-2003, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

My school banned frats and turned all the old frat houses into girl's dorms.

Comment

fraternities are bleh
                'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

i was in a frat... we made it in my dorm. All 20 of us were members of Tau Nu Alpha, or TNA
                  figure it out shitheads.
                  To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                  brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

rogermexico was in grabba grabba thigh
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                      Phi Gamma Delta4life

I went to Lehigh, though it has a small campus, it's Greek life percentage was through the roof. I suggest not rushing your freshman year, but good luck with it, and have fun.

Hey you dipshit. You went to Lehigh? How was walking up and down a 35 degree incline whenever you wanted to do anything? Oh and by the way, Bucknell is where it is at $$. You Lehigh fucks really got the short end of the stick. You guys have a lot of "but her faces" there. Nice bodies, grody faces.

Anyway, about frats. Here at my school, as Paul can testify since my school and his are insanely similar <only we are always rated higher in everything, everything> greek life is HUGE. It sort of sucks, but the one good thing that comes with that is that there is a huge difference in frats. They aren't all jock oriented beer drinking coke snorting slut fucking institutions, although admittedly some are. I think some crazy high number like 86% of people go greek, which is very high. If you don't pledge then your chances of banging 5'6" 102 lb blondes with nose studs and fake tans goes down easily 85%. Whatever though, it all depends on what you are all about. I'd say do it. Sure you are going to be buying your friends, but at the same time, you are going to be buying some good dick sucking. It just depends on what you value more, your dignity or your release of semen into some drunken girls hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent Lott

Comment

Well, I chose to go with Lambda and have accepted thier bid, which they gave me moments ago. Again, thanks for all the serious input on this from the people that actually had experience with fraternities.

Oh yea... close this thread

-bio
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
                            i was in a frat... we made it in my dorm. All 20 of us were members of Tau Nu Alpha, or TNA
                            figure it out shitheads.

I don't get it. Sorry

Comment

and you can quooooote me... *spits*

Mr. Lott I think he's being high strung again.... that is my best guess........
                              Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

TNA...T&A....Tits and Ass...

Comment

Working...
                                X