No announcement yet.

'Bookies'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since you're ignoring our advice that if you don't understand how to do it, you shouldn't try, here are what I imagine the basics are for being a bookie. Look at the odds in the newspaper for a football game. The Colts are favored by 9.5 points over the Redskins. Someone wants to bet on that, but for some reason, can't find a friend to bet against. He, in essence, bets against you, because the number of betters you have is going to be extremely small. He says "20 bucks on the Colts". If the Colts win by more than 9.5 points, he wins 20 bucks, minus whatever fee you charge. If the Colts lose, or win by less than 9.5 points, you get his 20 bucks. Basically, what you would be doing is making uninformed sports bets against people who have a reason to believe their bet is correct, for a couple bucks here and there. It'd be pretty easy to lose money that way, I think. But whatever you want to do, man.

edit: I'm not sure on the fee thing, but that's the only conceivable way you could ever make any money.
    5:gen> man
    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Wow, well I assumed he knew what a spread was and was asking how to organize something. In that case, just don't bother. You already don't know enough to make any money.

Comment

Yeah, he thought that because he lives near Gainesville, and the Gators are ranked (who doesn't live near a school that's ranked in football or basketball) that somehow that gave him an edge at being a bookie. Maybe he knows what a line is, but I doubt it.
        5:gen> man
        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

rent the sting and seabiscuit.

edit: also rent pulp fiction \/ \/ \/
          Last edited by Scurvy; 10-20-2006, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
            Maybe he knows what a line is, but I doubt it.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Working...
            X