No announcement yet.

Guitar playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice is for you to try getting a Ibanez bass, or a GioIbanez(cheaper).
    Ibanez is know for having underprice'd guitars/basses, compared to their quality that is. And on amp's I think you should aim for a Kustom amp, either 30/50 W to bass, anything under that is a joke when it comes to it.
    2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

Never go for something out of a catalague and always try to spend a little bit more on your first guitar/amp.
      Cheap deals are generally cheap for a reason. If the amp sounds shit or the guitar doesn't stay in tune properly it can really put you off playing.
      Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Ibanez do alright and quite cheap basses, as for amps- just don't go for Marshall when it comes to the bass, they suck. Get a Roland or a Fender amp.

I have a Yamaha BB414:

and a Roland Cube 30 bass amp, its a very feature-rich amp and is just awesome, it suits me very well for a practice amp and also for the small gigs but I'm hoping to buy a 150W Ashdown amp soon and also a new bass to tune to C with.

Comment

Originally posted by LoGGi! View Post
          My advice is for you to try getting a Ibanez bass, or a GioIbanez(cheaper).
          Ibanez is know for having underprice'd guitars/basses, compared to their quality that is. And on amp's I think you should aim for a Kustom amp, either 30/50 W to bass, anything under that is a joke when it comes to it.
          Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59: Free advice is seldom cheap.
          Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

^^is a great gimmick

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot View Post
              My tip would be to:
              1) learn what a scale is (if you don't know already)
              2) learn how to play a scale on the bass without open strings (this will let you play in any key, just change your starting position)
              3) learn basic chord theory (most rock songs use I-IV-V chords)
              Anyone know a website with this info?
              Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
              i just wish it was longer
              Originally posted by Cops
              it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

I wouldn't say Marshall sucks :/
                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                There wont be another election for president.
                Obama is the Omega President.
                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Perfect, perfect. All these years that I've kept this pic, I always knew its time would come one day! So here is Da1 playing his guitar!

2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                  2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                  2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                  2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                  2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                  1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                  1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                  1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Btw, you're old by all standards, better get guitar lessons. You won't get far on your own. And definitely start out by playing an acoustic guitar, that way you will learn all the basics like notes, keys etc.
                    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

Just buy an electric bass (I recommend Passive) and a decent enough pracitce amp, at least 30W or you risk blowing your speaker. For bass, I've been told by both teachers and players that Marshall make crap bass amps. I really love Roland cube bass amps, look into them, they're cool.

Comment

Here's a scale (it happens to be a G scale). This is how to play it without shifting your hand up and down the neck:

Code:
                        G | - | - | - | - | - | - |
                        D | - | 1 | - | 3 | 4 | - |
                        A | - | 1 | 2 | - | 4 | - |
                        E | - | - | 2 | - | 4 | - |
                        Read this by printing it out and taping it upside-down to your stomach so you can read it. 1- index, 2- middle, 3- ring, 4- pinky. Play it starting on the lowest fattest E string. Play each number, don't play any open (no finger) notes. I.e., E string 2-4, A string 1-2-4, D string 1-3-4 is G-A-B-C-D-E-F#-G.

It will be a stretch but if practice you should be able to do it. Doing it this way you can play stuff without sliding your hand around a lot, just change strings.

Once you can do that, you can play any scale. To play a C scale, do the same thing, except start in the same place on the A string. Just think: (2-4) (1-2-4) (1-3-4).

Code:
                        G | - | 1 | - | 3 | 4 | - |
                        D | - | 1 | 2 | - | 4 | - |
                        A | - | - | 2 | - | 4 | - |
                        E | - | - | - | - | - | - |
                        A 2-4, D 1-2-4, G 1-3-4.
                        Is C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C.

That'll be (for the most part) every note you want in any key you want. A song will be in one key for the entire song. So if you can figure out the key, you can get the lowest '2' in the right place, and you can play all the notes.

Here's a similar picture with just the names of all the notes:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Bassguitarnotes.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
                          I wouldn't say Marshall sucks :/
                          For bass it does. Marshall's guitar amps are what gives them their reputation.

Even then I still prefer a Fender Twin Reverb or even a Traynor YCV40.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
                            Perfect, perfect. All these years that I've kept this pic, I always knew its time would come one day! So here is Da1 playing his guitar!

i actually just ejaculated

great success!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts View Post
                              Just buy an electric bass (I recommend Passive) and a decent enough pracitce amp, at least 30W or you risk blowing your speaker. For bass, I've been told by both teachers and players that Marshall make crap bass amps. I really love Roland cube bass amps, look into them, they're cool.
                              Marshalls are not known for Bass amps, and I agree with Mr. Peanuts on the Rolands. They make great Bass and Keyboard amps. Also look into Crate for there Bass amps, Nemesis' has a 40-watt N8 1x8 practice amp, Mesa's 1,400-watt Big Block Titan V12 just to name a few others.

Most guitar shops will have amps that you can test before buying. See what fits yoiur budget and needs. Then look for them used on ebay.
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                              X